Cyrus 1

Submitted by Jo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought my Cyrus one 6 years ago together witch a huge Harman Kardon-50pound-100W amp, just because the cheap shoe-box made me curious - expecting nothing new. At home I could hardly trust my ears, there was so much soundstage, precise and powerfull sound and an exellent stereo image. Compared to my other amps including the Harman Kardon I felt like removing a curtain from the soundstage

Submitted by Jo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2007

Submitted by melissa a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
Finally, an amazing little amp that produce an amazing sound. I was a bit skeptical about the amp since it's old but after reading all the good stuff about this gem, I went ahead and gave it a try. It doesn't hurt since it cost a fraction to my system.

The sound...It's to good to be true. I tried all the integrated amp in it's price range and nothing even come close. It's produce a very natural and open sound in my system. Music is fast , the bass is tight and involving. I guess this is the british sound characteristic.

I am glad that I give this little amp a try. So if you are looking for an affordable true class amp, give this a try. You will not regret it.

Thanks
Melissa

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by AH786 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
Beautiful little amp, headhphone jack is at front on my model.

Build quality is very good and the amp is quite heavy considering its size.

Sound quality is excellent, no added distortion or coloring of the sound. I found bass to be very good on mine, maybe its cus my speakers are close to the wall.

overall, I love the sound produced and I cant fault its design.

Submitted by Harry Kaitis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
What can i say about this Amp!
I bought mine in 1987 and since then i have yet to hear a more transparent amp at any price.
Clarity, Speed, Resolution and Imaging are all simply amazing and if you are nutpicking you could say that bass is a bit lightweight (although amazingly fast, controlled and tuneful). Dont forget that this amp is rated at just 2x25W RMS!
Overall this is a Classic amp which is still a giant killer after so many years.

Purchased At:   All Records - Nicosi