Audire Tenendo
Description: 200 w x 2 into 8 ohms 400 w x 2 into 4 ohms Dual mono MOSFET class AB design

Submitted by Bill Monagle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've never been much in the way of writing reviews, but feel that this product needs to be shared. I've owned earlier Audire products (e.g., Crescendo and Legato). I purchased an Adcom GFA-5500 several years ago because I needed the extra power (200 w/side) to drive my new Vandersteen 2Ce's. It's a nice amp (I'll keep it). After 6 years, however, I felt I needed to improve the electronics a bit. I looked for an Audire on ebay, etc., but none were to be found (for good reason!). I contacted the founder/designer Julius Siksnius, and learned that Audire has been history for about 3 years. He is still selling inventory, however. Audire has always been firm to building the best product without you supporting a Madison Ave. advertising campaign or magic boxes. The attention to detail inside and out is superb. Julius previously worked as an engineer with North Americam Rockwell on the Saturn space program before establishing Audire in 1971. His attention to QC/QA is a no-brainer as you'd expect. This amp is unreal (The Rock of Gilbraltar). It is dual mono with huge (600 watt) transormmers for each channel to produce 200 per side. Huge filter caps (76,000 each) and huge damnping factor (hence accurate, tight bass). Runs lukewarm at most. Great Amp! I've been watching Bryston for 25 years, but feel this is a superior amp. You get what (and more) than you pay for here (ignore the warranty issue). The Tenendo treats everything from Yo-Yo Ma to Hendrix with equal authority and delicacy. By the way, I bought the high current bi-polar version as opposed to the MOSFET version. Audire is down now, but if you contqct Julius at 714-968-1236, he might be able to set you up. He still has inventory. Check out his "outdated" website at Audire.com for details. By the way, he is very generous with his time and will explain the product to you to the extent you need. Bottom line: I expect this to be the last amp I buy.

Purchased At:   Audire, Inc