Yamaha RX-V740 Receivers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $415.00

• 90W x 6ch Home Theater Receiver
  • Digital Top-Art (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) --maximizes signal purity
  • 6-channel discrete amplification
  • Provides Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital Surround, DTS-ES (DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1), and DTS Neo:6 decoding
  • 96kHz/24-Bit Digital-To-Analog Converter
  • Discrete Power Transistors
  • 24 Different Sound Programs (44 Variations)
  • Digitally Regulated Analog Volume Control
  • Extended I/R Codes
  • Dolby Surround Pro Logic II --provides 5.1 channel surround from any stereo source

Submitted by tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Exelent product. I like it very much.Simple to use.

Purchased At:   big bog

Submitted by Eriond a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Being sick and tired of my Sony Str-de545, I went to my local dealer and asked him for a reciever to match my Kef Q5 speakers. He came up with this Yamaha as the best one for me, so I bought it.
When I came home, it was quite easy to set it up and I was ready for listening in only a short time. And what a sound! It is nice and crispy and sounds very natural along whith my speakers. this I've never dreamed of! I put on Eve Cassedy and got goose-bumps all over. It was excellent! Everything is just superb, but the deepest bass. It could have been a little bit more of it, but it plays very vell. Nice control. Guess I'll have to save for a descent subwoofer to go along with it.

Purchased At:   Norheimsund Lyd & Bi

Submitted by NUTNICK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
PURCHASE FOR A CLIENT FOR HIS CHILDRENS TV ROOM-- WOULD NORMALLY GO FOR DENON, SONY ES, OR ONKYO ----- BUT THIS WAS CIENTS CHOICE --- HE'S RIGHT NICE BLEND OF DETAILED SOUND QUALITY-ANDS GREAT PROCESSOR--- EASY TO USE AND DEFINITELY SOUND SBETTER THEN ANYTHING IN THE $700-800 MSRP CLASS --- A+ PERFORMANCE

Purchased At:   WWW.AMSOUND.COM