Sony STR-DE135 Receivers

3.8/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $200.00

100w x2 Channels

Submitted by eloc_86 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is a solid pawn store find at this point. Good quality stereo receiver with 2x100w clean power. It has almost no features, but thats not what its about.
I got this for $30 a little while ago and have had no problems with it. No background noise at normal levels, with a clean connection and decent wires.

Submitted by Rade Micic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
EXCELLENT

Purchased At:   2003

Submitted by Audioman00 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
Nothing bad to say about this little performer, lots of clean power and amazingly detailed and accurate soundstage for a cheaper receiver, I have to say I likt eh actual overall sound quality alot better than the yamaha I had costing more like 500 MSRP. 100x2 clean power, nice tuner, enough inputs for most people, little cost and really cool styling.... best bang for the buck I've seen in a long time, some revisions of this model in the later production years had really nice 10,000uf nichicon caps in the power supply section..

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a nice receiver for the money. Nothing spectacular, plain looks, lacking a few of the extras that I usually like (phono jack, loudness control), but it works. Pumps out lots of clean power. I see other reviews mentioning a hiss. I've had the thing for well over a year and I've never noticed any hiss at all.

Purchased At:   Outpost.com

Submitted by audiojunkie135 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Right now in my audio system, I have the STR-DE135 hooked up to 2 Sony 29" high speakers with 12" subwoofers, and a Sony CDP-CE275 5-Disc CD Changer. The receiver puts out a substantial amount of drive that I myself, enjoy thoroughly. It puts out the power I want. The 100x2 watts are fine with my needs. Even though I am only 14, I know what audio components I like, and I definately like the STR-DE135

Purchased At:   Best Buy