Sansui G-7500 Receivers

4.88/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $620.00

Submitted by TCKNAPP a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
To start things off... WOW... My grandma was having a garage sale, and asked me to remove some items from her attic for her. It was at this time I came to find a mint condition Sansui G7500 and two Kenwood KL-777S 's with 18" drivers that were my fathers and he somehow came to forget about. Took them home, hooked it all up, and started drooling. As long as this receiver holds up I will never have any reason to purchase anything different. It has power I haven't seen matched by anything else on the market today short of spending thousands of dollars. The first time I cranked the puppy up I blew the circuit breaker for my basement it drew so much power off my electrical system at my house. I actually went as far as putting in a new breaker specifically for the receiver, and the lights still dim. This sucker ROCKS! Been sitting in the attic since the early 80's, and doesn't have a single thing wrong with it. I *to date* have yet to turn it all the way up to 100, it's a scary scary unit. 75-80 will make your ears ring for the next 2 days. I don't even know what it puts out as far as wattage, all I know is it's absolutly NUTS, and anyone who comes acrossed any G series reciever of this era needs to pick one up... you will not be dissapointed.

Purchased At:   Found in Attic

Submitted by Alben a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought a Sanui G7500 ..very good Reciever. If you were born in the 60s you will never look for another Amp that has the best sound ever. this baby will kick any surround sound to the garbage.
If you really want the pure clean bass and highs with real life like sound . this is one of the best Sansui ever built. I was in the 60s and those sound that I hear still clear in my mind. that is why when I look for a Reciever I was never satisfied with its sound specially the surround sound.which sounds I dont like..it sounds artificial.. with its plastic case speakers. That is why I bought this Sansui G7500...and boy its really very good..it brings back the memories of the 60s in excellent sound..why because the 60s and 70s music are made in stereo not surround sound. you are repoducing the sound that was originally recorded in stereo..you have a total match... Surround sound is only good for movies..not for music excuse me...If you want good music get a Sansui G7500 ..G7700..G series...you won't regret it..get a Sansui 12in. speaker system..and hear your neigbors say you have Kenny G in your place?

Submitted by Pete Schumacher a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
My Brother was looking for a reasonable set of home theater speakers but knowing how much he would want to spend, I refused to build him a set. So we went to a local shop that sells to the hobbyist as well as the standard black boxes in all brands. We settled on the Harmon Kardon 5.1 w/sub. A nice entry level system for a small home theater.

While he settled the deal, I strolled into the used section and what did my eyes fall upon but a Sansui G-8000 in very nice condition. "Working order" I was told with a "10-day guarantee." After parting with $160.99 American, I lugged the behemoth into the back seat and took it home.

It took a while to maneuver my 4.5 cu. ft. cabinets into place in the room, but after they were placed and connected to the beast, on came the power and the beast came to life. I gulped as I realized that only one channel was playing while the other was crackling. NO WAY!! I just heard it working!!! After a little fiddling, I found the culprit to be the tape-mon selector. Cleaning that rotor up cleared the air.

What came forth from the Delicate Sound of Thunder was the most up-front, palpable audio experience I've had in quite a while. That wussy little JVC 100W amp sounded like a kitten in comparison. The speakers I spent over 100 hours designing and building finally showed their capability!!! My living room floor was moving with the subterranean lows on that Floyd Album.

Madman Across the Water never seemed so live. On the title track, the clarity of the string ensemble was exemplary, not lost in the hard percussion of the track.

Purchased At:   Local Stereo Store

Submitted by Nick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased my G-7500 in 1978, after considerable research. This unit has consistenly produced the best sound through the old Infinity Qb speakers since new. It's been repaired twice since 1978 and each time the shop wanted to buy it for a lot more than I originally paid for it. I enjoy the sound so I've kept it.
It is now being used with the hi-fi VCR and TV, as well as the original Technics SL-1200 turntable, an inexpensive JVC CD deck and an old Advent 201A cassette tape deck.
Great receiver that can handle a lot of inputs and outputs.
Nope, they don't make them like that, anymore.

Purchased At:   Local audio outlet

Submitted by christhompso a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I first useed a Sansui G7000 which was my dad's first receiver and I never thought too much of it but I did always enjoy the sound from it. I have had a G8000 now for about 2-3 years and was always happy. About a year ago now I purchased a Pioneer VSX850 A/V Receiver and have been happy with it as well and I ceased using the G8000. Well today I took out my G8000 opened it up and gave it a good cleaning. I hooked it up to my Ohm C2 speakers and was blown away! I could not believe the sound that came out of my system. These Sansui receivers are awesome and I don't think I will ever replace this unit!

Purchased At:   Garage Sale