Sansui 9090DB Receivers

4.86/5 (74 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
I purchased my 9090DB in 1979 at United Audio in Chicago.
Years of PLEASURE!!! What a unit.

Submitted by Dennis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
Purchased the Sansui 9090DB new back in '76. I recall paying over $300 for it at the time. Basically, that was about a week and half's take home pay for me. I've loved this receiver since day-one. Over the years, it has gotten relegated to my garage. I used to drive my landscape speakers and garage speakers. Decided to bring it back into the house today (forgot how heavy this sucker was). A few of the display lights didn't work and the pots. need to be cleaned. I spent about twenty minutes getting the display lights to work again, and I'm heading to RadioShack tomorrow to get a can of cleaner and lubricant for the pots. A little TLC and this sucker is going to be as good as new.

My brother purchased the 8080DB around the same time and he still uses his to this day.

If you are fortunate enough to already own one of these, never let it go. If you ever find one, buy it!

Cheers!

Submitted by Robert Narciso a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2012

Bottom Line:
i went to a yard sale last friday and i saw this sleeping beast! the owner told me to make offer.my first offer $50 and the owner said yes! he said he needs money.i almost give him an extra $50 because of an excitement.for $50 ? lol!

Submitted by jerome rubin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
i live the 1970s i am 54 years my friend gave a party and i let him use my amp and it was in 1977 i use a realistic amp my mom just got i thought it was the world we were playing music and this sound came from the back room and it took over the party it was a 9090db in the back room he was my daddy he own the party i have never forgat that day 9090db as real as it can get

Submitted by Dillard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought a sansui 9090db in 1976 in japan and it gave me many years of service. I had 4 pioneer 911A speakers with this power house. I have never had anything close to the sound this receiver had. Just the other day I went to a lawn mower shop to get some blades and low and behold there was a sansui 9090db on a shelf collecting dust. I asked about it and the man said that old thing has been sitting up there for 30 some odd years. I had to ask if he would sell it and he said sure $5.00 WOW! I took it of course. Took it home dusted it off, Polished it and it looks like it just came off the show room floor and works just as good. Yes it was my lucky day.

CRIMSON: