Pioneer Elite SX-A6-J Receivers

• Honeycomb Chassis Construction
  • Curved Profile Brushed Aluminum Front Fascia

Submitted by bargainchaser a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Bottom Line:
I'm refering to the Pioneer A-A 6 MK 2 (european model: the amplifier, NOT the receiver ! ). Should be identical to the US Elite amplifier version. The price / quality relation is one of the best I've ever seen / listened. Not quite as good as the bigger, older brother, the A-A 9 MARK ONE (don't buy the Mark 2 - sounds very mellow). I guess, the receiver version (US) could be as good ?
Anyway, it sounds like an 1500 $ amp and it's quite comfortable. Bass is the weekest part but still on the money. Fantastic mids, almost holographic (but topped by the A-A 9 MK 1). Highs are crisp, but still enjoyable. Goes best with neutral to warm speakers up to about max. 3000 $ the pair. Recommended, if you get it in new or mint condition.

Submitted by bosko a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have enjoyed this and the matching cd player enormously. If you are in the market for entry level audophile and I stress the word audiophile you owe yourself an audition. The cd player is the bigest star, phono section is just sublime. The tunner is the weakest link, but with my record and cd colection I rarely have time to listen to the radio. I auditioned many other makers Rega, Cambridge, Yamaha, Moon and many others, unfortunatly I was not able to listen to the Pioneer. In the end I took a leap of faith based on my past relationship (SX1280) and I am still soaking up every note. Google it, the positives are true and the negatives take them with a grain of salt.
Enjoy.