Outlaw Audio RR2150 Receivers

4.7/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $649.00

The RR2150 Stereo Receiver combines sophisticated retro styling with audiophile performance and a wallet friendly price.

•State-of-the-art stereo receiver inspired by the art deco table radios of the past

•High performance FM Stereo/FM/AM tuner

•Multiple inputs with separate record output bus

•USB input for playback of streaming audio output from compatible computers

•High quality phono input for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges

•Processor/equalizer loop

•The only stereo receiver with a subwoofer output that includes selectable, analog bass management

•Front panel “speaker equalization” selector adds a half-octave of bass boost at a choice of frequencies to improve performance with compact bookshelf speakers

•Headphone jack with level control

•Front panel stereo mini-jack input for easy connection to portable devices such as iPod®

•Tone control defeat

•Removable IEC style power cord

•Multi-device, programmable remote control

Submitted by Vali a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
I connect Outlaw 2155 receiver with Monitor Audio RX6 speakers and source it from laptop via USB for now. Planning to get a CD player soon, though (hoping its DAC would be better?
With all that said, however, the kicker is the powered sub I got together with the RR2155, which is Outlaw as well, the SW12 Ultra.
Even though the Monitors have quite a large bass extension for their size, with the sub attached the LF sound more clear and totally not "boom"-like.
Usually the bass reflex openings on floor stands extend your bass but also induce some "boom" effect due to the resonance happening in the speaker box and out through the reflex opening.
Setting up the RR2155 subwoofer filter to 100Hz, or 80Hz, or 60Hz (I keep it at 100, sometimes at 80) you can cut off low frequencies going to the floor stands and redirect them to the sub.
The result is a completely different sound, with smooth, real life bass extention, extremely detailed and realistic ( I cannot emphasize enough the realistic side).
I believe Outlaw did an exceptional job with their VERY inexpensive RR2155 receiver, and the powered subwoofer specialized output is quite great.

I also own:
Nakamichi CD-4 CD players (2 of them),
Nakamichi MB-3e CD player,
Nakamichi Cassette Deck (2 of them),
Nakamichi RE-3 receiver,
Dual Turntable (with Schure cartridge),
Studio Lab speakers (4 Ohm, 100W, great dynamics),
Mackie Design Mixer (Voted No. 1 Mixer for CD recording in 1996)
Bryston 4B Power Amp (300W in 8 Ohm, or 500W in 4 Ohm linear pure power),
Klipsch La Scala (superb sounding horn speakers, 8 Ohm, 100W linear - 500W peak) 104dB/W/1m , reaching 135 dB SPL (pure music sound no distortion)

Submitted by Jesse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
Outlaw RR 2150
I've had my Outlaw a few months now and it flat out kicks a$$! My collection of FLAC 24 files can now be played to hear their full potential and the Outlaw does just that. Playing through my iMac using Audirvana you can get the full potential out of this unit. Along with my B&W 601 this unit is simply amazing. I am thrilled I made the jump to this unit. Worth every penny!

Submitted by Keith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've tried Yamaha, Harman Kardon, and Technics amps. Only the Outlaw gave me the sound I was looking for....clear, crisp, smooth. I played my music collection all over again. I heard sounds that I didn't hear before!!

Submitted by fiacone a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
Just posted a detailled review on audio asylum. What else can I add this product is the best buy in audio. See my review. I purchased it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by demasoni a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
Well, I just have to say I really like the RR 2150. I searched high and low for an integrated to suit my listening tastes. I listen to mostly pop, rock, R&B, and electronica. I almost never listen to classical, folk, chamber, instrumental jazz, and the stereotypical "audiophile" recordings. I truly value a well recorded album, but not what is typically out there as a top flight recording. Anyway, back to the 2150. This amp has some serious power and will sound huge and lifelike, but never harsh, bright, or metallic.

The soundstage is enormous, literally wall to wall and very life like - I swear Alicia Keys is standing in front of me! The Outlaw almost begs to be turned up - the sound reminds me an all solid state McIntosh system I heard. The sound is simply engaging and the 2150 won't let you go - so much rhythm and drive - definitely not a puny amp. On the flip side however, this amp also conveys details and subtleties very well - details I never heard before on my older CD's were appearing before my eyes.

Oh yes, and this amp is extremely flexible and versatile. I won't go into all the connections as you can read that from the Outlaw site. Believe it or not, the sub sounds way better if you connect it via the speaker binding posts and not the sub out of the Outlaw. Frank from Signal Cable made me a custom cable to use for this hook-up. Ed from Hornshoppe also uses a similar cable to hook up his Cube bass augmenter. REL also has a similar philosophy.

Anyway, if you're on the fence with this amp, fall over to the Outlaw side, you won't be disappointed with the sound. I

My system:

speakers - Krix Lyrix Golds (MTM floorstanders, 90db sensitive, 4ohms)
sub - Onix UFW-10
cd player - Fantastic MHZS CD 66F tube player with NOS telefunkens
cables - all by Signal Cable

Product model year:   2008

Great review of the RR2150

Here's a fantastic user review on the Outlaw Audio RR2150 receiver. I've been thinking about giving one a whirl for my second system. I've been wanting a good receiver with a good tuner section and phono input. [url]http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=84627.msg821616;topicseen#new[/url]Read More »

Outlaw RR2150 -- quality of USB DAC?

Hi all, just wondering how well Outlaw RR2150's USB DAC does its thing -- I had been looking at dedicated USB DACs (Benchmark, etc.) but I'd be happy to save the cash and eliminate the extra box and cables.Read More »

Premier Mounts: