Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1 Channels Receiver Receivers

You’ll be hard-pressed to find a mid-range home theater A/V receiver that packs the TX-SR705’s amplification power and audio processing capabilities. It might be comforting to look to its THX™ Select2™ certification for confirmation, but as the THX engineers have seen, there’s a lot more here than just efficient amplifier drive ability and all-round home theater performance.

Submitted by bearmans44 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
As of this writing, this product has been out for about 3 1/2 years and I'm kinda stunned to be the first to write about it. I bought this receiver used on Craigslist for $180 as I was looking for an HDMI receiver and as I was searching, I was mainly looking for major brand names that had very high reputations. Mainly Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, and Denon. When I saw this item for sale, I did quite a bit of research on Onkyo's site as well as searching for reader reviews anywhere I could find them.

This receiver offers 100 watts per channel and supports 7.1 system (7 speakers and 1 subwoofer) as well as up to 1080p resolution. It also has THX Neural Surround processing so you can enjoy XM HD Surround broadcasts (and other Neural Surround-encoded programs).

All I can say is this is one amazing receiver. Because of the HDMI capabillities, I now hear sounds in movies that I didn't previously hear with crystal clarity and some amazing power. Only drawback to this system is that it doesn't support 3-D but only because 3-D didn't come out when this model was made. If 3-D isn't important to you or you don't have a 3-D tv then I HIGHLY recommend this receiver and you won't regret getting it especially if you can get it for a good price. It has a very large number of different settings you can use and also suports up to 3 HDMI in cables.

I hope this helps but you definitely won't be disappointed with this model. For me, it's a long term keeper.

Product model year:   2007