Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2-Channel Black Home Theater Receiver Receivers

Submitted by R Bahr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Bottom Line:
Wanted to upgrade to a HDMI receiver and after looking around at NAD and others I decided on this based primarily on very good reviews and the features I wanted. The picture improvement on my satellite signal has been dramatic running it through the receiver versus just going from the DirectTV receiver to my Plasma TV. The automated Audyssey 2EQ did a superb job getting the best sound equalization through my DCM TimeWindow and Bose 301 speakers. It set up easy and has a fairly intuitive menu system. The remote (once programmed) does a decent job running the Cable/satellite receiver and running my Panasonic 50" plasma. I am now excited to begin searching for a quality Blue Ray player.

The sound is certainly improved over my old Denon DRA 275R which I am sure has alot to do with the Audyssey 2EQ, but you can manually program the speaker output via the menu (make sure to have the HDMI out hooked up to your display)if you choose. In my cabinet the Onkyo has about 3 inches of headroom and does not seem create too much heat though I have not been amping it up too much yet. This is a great product with many features.

I wrote the above review shortly after I bought it. I still stand by the review but I will say that I would probably consider going with a more powerful receiver based on the large room it is in.

CSB 1206 BLK: