NAD T754 Receivers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $839.00

Submitted by TXJava a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2017

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to find one of these on Craigslist. I bought it from the original owner. He took good care of this baby.

I matched it with a set of B&W 602 S3 Speakers (also a super good buy on Craigslist). I am only using for 2 channel listening with no external sub.

I love the sound of this. It sounds sweet in the highs, accurate in the mids, and powerful in the lows. This combination sounds so nice, I now longer look longingly for other upgrades. This will be my critical listening system for a while.

I Read reviews from the year this was released. It was slammed for not having a high end look (NAD is known for simple aesthetics and button layouts). They also dinged it for not having HDMI. But for me, this is a music only system, and for that it is great.

NAD is known for hanging a "Music First" philosophy when it comes to A/V receivers and I can say they accomplished that with the T754.

This unit is SUPER heavy. And the Case is big. If you open it, you will see a clean layout with quality components.

Like all NAD system, it has there "soft-clipping" as an option. I've not used it yet because I keep my listening levels below 75 dB. But if you like to listen loud, or you turn it up for a party, you can set soft clipping on to avoid damage tou speakers.

This unit also has a second zone, so you can use it for backyard speakers, or music in the bedroom, etc. It is powerful enough for sure to drive the second zone.

It has a Fan that draws air though the internal heat sinc. Ive not notice it getting hot at all (again, I'm only driving two speakers). I can barely hear the fan in soft passages. I recently put the unit in a small audio cabinet and can not longer hear the fan.

Again, I am super happy with this receiver. It has Everything I need and creates a warm and wonderful sound with plenty of power when needed. IF you are able to find one of these on the used market and it is in good shape, get it. You will not be disappointed. Buy it locally though, this sucker is way too heavy to get a good shipping rate from an Ebay.

Submitted by Audio Guy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
This receiver sounds like the others in the t7xx series. I also own a t751 and a t752. The t754 seems built rock solid and weighs 45lbs. For some reason the soft clipping on this model introduces that receiver sound but I just disabled it to let the music out. I don't approach those levels anyway. I would describe the sound as being even and mabye a bit punchy(not boomy). Typical nad sound. Because of technology this receiver is a little out of date with the codecs and mabye not right for blu-ray home theater. I use a newer Marantz for that but it does not sound as good as the NAD(Marantz kills on the high def codecs though). I use to own a t773 but it got stolen a while back. This NAD most closely sounds like that with a little less power(Not much real world power though).

Product model year:   2008