Marantz SR-63 Receivers

3.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

70W/ch

Submitted by John a

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Has great sound, nice musical quality. Has great natural sounding bass output.

Submitted by Don a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
Wonderful power excellent sounding tuner section. Outstanding sound for the money.

Submitted by R. Martin Silva a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this A/V receiver straight out of college when I had little money and had just purchased a pair of Paradigm 7SE MkIIIs. I live in a small apartment and it has more than enough power to drive the speakers. It's solidly built and I haven't had a single problem with it. I'll probably move this receiver into the bedroom and look into the SR-7000 so I can start building a small home theatre. Overall, a good entry level 2 channel receiver.

Submitted by Edward M. Huff a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
I'd like to comment on the SR-52, which is without doubt the single most frustrating device I've had the misfortune of using. Frankly, I don't think it's possible to make a more confusing human interface than Marantz incorporated into this baby. As if the main controls arn't bad enough (and they are), the remote control can be used as a teaching aid to demonstrate every design flaw know in the human engineering world. The confusing instructions complement the achievement!
P.S. My stereo receiver nightmare has now been replaced by a 20 yr. old Sansui receiver that outperforms the SR-52 with every form of music and input medium.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Kuzia a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 1998

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best stereo reciever I ever heard or owned. Very clean and warm, may be just slightly underpowered. It sounds ten times better then some mid hi-fi separates like NAD or ADCOM. I boght it for my working cabinet to pair with B&W CDM-1s, and I got a better sound then with Carver separates I though was "overkill" for that room. Real rating probably 3 and 1/2, but with this price (I paid $320!!) I will rate it 5+.

SFLAT: