Marantz SR-480 Receivers

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

A/V Surround Stereo Reciever

Submitted by swelsh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've got this reciver for a very short time but it relly amazed me ,with the marantz dvd player it's a really good mixture

Submitted by Doug Green a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a very good receiver, especially if you're more into clarity and well-balanced sound.

Submitted by Mattias Bergsten a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a very good receiver, especially if you're more into clarity and well-balanced sound than thumping bass and loud volume. It will perform very well playing back a heavy soundtrack off a DVD, but just as well (or even better?) when it comes to playing that old Dire Straits record.

The drawbacks, tho, are in the interface design. Who on Earth could come up with such a majorly stupid idea as to not put a sleep button on the main unit, just on the remote? The remote/main unit should definitely have been more in synch.

Still, I love my SR-480. For it's price, I don't think I could have found anything better.

Submitted by Ben a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had the Marantz SR 480 for a few weeks now i have have to say i have no complantes about it. I haven't really watched any movies on it yet but i have listened to many CD's and i fell that is has a very deep and rich sound and i would recomend it to anyone. I gave it 5 stars because i haven't found anything wrong with it yet

Submitted by Eirikur Adalsteinsson a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
Few weeks ago I decided to buy me some components that in few months/years would eventually be a part of my complete home theater. I went for Marantz SR-480 Pro Logic receiver, Marantz CD-57 Mk II OSE CD-player and Paradigm Monitor 7 speakers. Although I was very pleased the first few days I soon realised that the SR 480 receiver did not have the performance in the bass section that I wanted. The receiver on the other hand is very elegant in the mid- and high-range. I guess that it would outstand many others when it comes to classic music. But powerful bass is that I want for my music and movies and this receiver does not have it. The bass is deep alright, but lacks all power. Specially if you turn up the volume the bass just does not follow. I give it 3 speakers for its perfect mid- and high- range (very solid design and looks also)

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener