Denon DRA-585RD Receivers

Receiver with RDS. For $400 it's a fair deal to purchase this receiver. It has enough power and produces good sound.

Submitted by Patrik Jordan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
If you can get your hands on this reciever now you wont be dissapointed. It is a really good allround reciver that easily handels many different types of speakers. I´ve used it with Dali 606 (GREAT combo!) and AE Aegis One (no deep bass, but what do you expect with bookshelf speakers?).
I use a Denon DCD-635 CD-player with it.
If you are looking for a cheap good allround reciever... listen to this one.

Purchased At:   Hifiklubben, Stockholm, Sweden

Submitted by Thomas Wullum a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had my reciever for a couple of years now, and I'm still happy with that buy. Using it with a couple of Audes 170 speakers and it sounds very nice, also when playing quite loud. Clear with classic music and rock'n'roll:) No anoying noise. If I wanted to spend a shipload of money on my stereo I suppose I would buy an amplifier that could provide a slightly deeper bass-sound, but all-in-all I am very satisfied with my sound.

Purchased At:   Hifiklubben, Norway

Submitted by Paul a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 1998

Bottom Line:
I purchased the 575RD about a month ago - the quality improvement (along with the Denon 735 CD Player and Paradigm speakers) is a quantum leap from what I had experienced before.
Highly recommended, with far superior sound to any home theatre outfit. If you want top quality music, you can't go past this.

Submitted by Chris Kienhuis a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 10, 1998

Bottom Line:
I purchased this receiver on my quest for better sound and better hifi-equipment. This is a good receiver with more than enough power to drive a large variety of speakers. The sound it reproduces with tannoy mercery m2 speakers is very good. When i bought this receiver i thought that rds is a nice feature wich i will not use very often. But after a while i discovered that the many RDS-functions on this receiver makes listening to the radio a lot more fun (and comfortable). I was very pleased with this buy.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener