Denon DRA-375RD Receivers

4.5/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

Submitted by Russ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
A very cohesive,clean and exciting kind of sound. This is a reciever for those who like their music but hate over sophisticated, expensive, 'tinkly' sounding hifi equipment.
It has plenty of power and its fast bass, engaging uppper mid freq. and good depth are especially good for rock but its clean and natural tone makes all music sound right. In short it just lets the music do it + it has a great phono stage and more than competent tuner.

Purchased At:   'Smiths Sound'

Submitted by BrianHannah a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this to replace a cheap Sony 40W reciever that I used, abused, and destroyed in college trying to power my KEF Q90 speakers. (My KEF Q90's won some hellraising on-campus dorm wars but that's a different review ;)
After college I bought this unit because it was the most powerful Denon non-AV reciever available. I live in an apartment and not a house. So home theater is Over Kill for me. I have student loans to pay and can't afford to by real home theater eq. I wanted to stay with a strict audio product. I am very happy with the 375. I got all the power need with out all of the uneeded extras. My KEF Q90's breathe alot easier with the extra power. I agree with other reviewers the remote is poorly designed but well made. I have to constantly look at it to make sure I don't press the wrong button.
I reccomend (sp?) this model to anyone who is looking for a straight Audio reciever with enought "umph" to power a pair of 3 way floor speakers. I listen to everthing from AC/DC to Motzart to Ice Cube to Billy Joel. The 375 does a great job for what it's designed for.

Purchased At:   Magnolia HiFi

Submitted by Travis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I love this receiver. Clean, clear, crisp sound that doesn't get fatiguing. I just want to listen and listen. This definitely rivals lower powered/priced integrated amps for sound quality.
In my system this receiver is partnered with an H/K 8370 CD player with HDCD decoding, and Mission 701 bookshelf speakers via AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables. With HDCD discs the sound is absolutely great, it just sings! I purchased all the electronics mentioned here at uBid for less than $500 total. There's simply no excuse for living with cheapo, junky sound at these types of prices.
Denon pairs its minisystems with Mission speakers, so I set up my system this way, and there is something magical about the combo. I have tried other speakers with the Denon — Wharfedale Diamond 7.1, PSB Alpha Minis — and while both were still quite good, they just don't match the Missions.
For anyone looking to hear true quality sound at a reasonable price, I recommend the Denon 375 highly.

Purchased At:   uBid

Submitted by scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best product that I have auditioned, especially when figuring the price differences. Keep in mind that I have done extensive a-b comparisons with each of the listed products in my home. I gave each product at least 70-100 burn-ins before comapring sound qualities and every time I picked the denon overall!!! Some of the other reviewers on this receiver have said that it sounded harsh and it does sound horrible up until 70 to 150 hrs. and then it is perfect!!!! Please allow proper burn-in before getting to critical about the sound of this receiver, you will be glad you did it's that good!!!!!!!!! Strongly Recommended!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   local hifi store

Submitted by Betty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
This Receiver is a real power house for only being 60 x 2 and sounds awesome and like it more then a larger powered receivers or amps. Glade I bought it!

Purchased At:   web