Denon DRA-295 Receivers

AM/FM/FM Stereo Receiver

Submitted by Kevio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have compared this to professional and low-end audiophile amplifiers and am quite pleased. Noise is very low level and uncolored. Power is clean and undistorted. I consider this a very transparent amplifier.

Purchased At:   Private party

Submitted by coachgeorge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have a big grin on my face as I listen to this reciever. I bought it as a Denon Reman. Hooked it up to a pair of Bose 301 V's in my bedroom. I also have a Denon DCM-380 5 CD Changer. I found myself lying in bed with a grin on my face. I close my eyes and Queen is performing in my room. Next CD and I see Bruce....

Purchased At:   Dakmart/Ebay

Submitted by Justin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Agree with review below. Good amp for the money, but you cant expect oodles of power from this amp. Dont expect to get a nice warm bass from large speakers. I use this amp in retail stores hooked up with JBL control 1's. It just keeps going strong - solid.

Purchased At:   Australia

Submitted by McCracken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Overall, the DRA-295 is a good value and has preamp outputs for exandability. Unlike some of the other options in the class of two-channel stereo receivers (HK and Onkyo), the Denon provides video switching and preamp outputs. The preamp is quite good, so adding a higher quality amp at a later date would be a great improvement to my system. The 50 watt per channel amp in the receiver sounds a bit thin to me, but a slight adjustment of the tone controls remedies that, and a solid power supply makes this unit capable of delivering a decent amount of bass. Unfortunately, the tuner does not provide the sound quality of my old HK 430, but it is satisfactory considering my amount of FM listening.

Purchased At:   Tweeter