Denon DRA-275RD Receivers

3.5/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

Submitted by dude8370 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this reciever with a pair of paradigm Atoms for $113. This is an ok reciever for a bedroom or something like that, but dont count on it doing the job of the home theater reciever. This is a bit pricey for what you get in the end, I really like the tone adjust though. Make sure you plug good speakers like the Atoms in, I tried plugging in sony jdp-550's into it and it sounded awful, I am more of an onkyo person, and reccomend going for onkyo for the home theater options but denon seems to ave the edge on stereo sound.

Submitted by LO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver as a bedroom system reciever. I am using it to run a pair of Richard Allen RA 8s.

For a low cost, Japanese receiver, I think it has wonderful sound - and that is the main reason I purchased it. I normally gravitate toward British electronics as well as speakers when my buget permits.

Purchased At:   Mail Order

Submitted by Andy Fell a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
It is a good reciever except that the wattage it claims to be is alot more than what it really is. I guess compared to what i have and am using currently it isn't good. It would make a perfect reciever that doesn't need much power.

Purchased At:   Stereo Shop

Submitted by Michael Smoot a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Cleaned house and had a CD player and pair of speakers left over. Needed something to listen to at the office and did not want to spend the money on a cheesy shelf system.
So, I went out and purchased this receiver. Voila! Separates
for the office at a very reasonable price.
My office setup:
Denon DRA 275R Receiver
Denon DCM 460 CD player (this player is getting a bad rap)
Jamo Cornet 40 Bookshelf Speakers ($127.00 a pair - very hard to beat).
Audioquest Jade Interconnects (hey-it's an office system)
Audioquest Type 2 Speaker Cables (one of the best for the money)
OK I'll admit it - I wanted to get a receiver to match the orphaned CD player. Needless to say it has plenty of power for it's intended use. Tuner is weak. I hate the way the antenna hooks up. Tried to replace it with a Terk, but could not get the connection to work. If you are looking for
a second receiver for stereo use only (bedroom, office, etc.) it's as good as any.

Submitted by Mark l. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have bought My first sound system ever. I wanted to go with a surround sound.. but for my computer... I wanted to buy a Pioneer system with JBL speakers.
But I shopped arround and found the 275R and combined with paradigm Titan speakers, I think it's a great deal to have gotten something more simple and of better quality, than have gotten something I didn't need.

I mainly listen to music and play games on my computer, and What a difference it makes to have a bit of vibration when shooting a tank Commander in Quake II :D

Compared to my lil' computer speakers, I must say that the 635$ CDN with taxes I paid is well worth it (with the Titan speakers)

4 stars cause I could use more power even if it's just for my office