Yamaha CX-2000 Preamplifiers

Hi-Bit technology with twin D/A converters and multiple analog and digital connections

Submitted by gehil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
The best PreAmp I have ever heard (used).
I bought it used form someone who obviously did not know what he was selling (lucky me). I was looking for a PreAmp to integrate all the digital audio devices that I own:
1. CD-Player(Coax-Out)
2. CD-Recorder(Optical In/Out)
3. MP3-Player/Recorder (Coax In/Out)
It was not easy to find a Preamp that would allow me to connect above devices so that i could play/record from each of those to any other without having to change the wiring. Furthermore, I needed a integrated highend D/A-converter since those in my CD- and MP3-Player are pretty shabby.

I took me a lot of research to find out that the CX-1000 was about the only answer to my needs. What can I say ? Once I connected my good old CD-Player via its Coax-Out to the CX-1000, I could not believe my ears !!

Submitted by Brian Redman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Continues to server me well after more than 10 years of hard use. Recently I noticed one of the channels would cut out occasionally. I just took it apart and was very impressed with the quality of the interior design. It turns out every right rca jack had a fracture at the solder point. It made sense given the design and my hard use. It was a snap to resolder and reassemble. Good for another 10 years probably.

Purchased At:   J&R Music World

Submitted by David Barnes a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
Still going strong since 1991 and never been seen by any technician. I have multi amps, multiLD,DVD, all inputs and outputs filled which is saying alot because its got tons. Sounds as good as anything I've heard. And the quality. Was Yamahas flagship in 1991.

Purchased At:   Soundtrack

Submitted by CAP a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
Had it since 1991 and the only problem is the one mentioned above. Wish Yamaha would stop making cheesy looking remots.

Submitted by G.A. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
Had since 1993. Was about $700.Unit is heavy and sounds excellent.Internal converters sound warmer than the 1bit in the Sony single disc ES series player that feeds it.Will run two external amps.

Atlantic Technology :