Vincent Audio SA-T8 Preamplifiers

• Mains supply: 230 V/50 Hz
  • Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 3 x 12AU7, double transformer

Submitted by electricladyland a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have been into audiophile equpment for 40 years and have been to thousands of live music gigs. I own 4 pre-amps and have heard many more. I purchased the little Vincent SA-T1 (see my review) which was ok for the bargain price I purchased it for. As I could get the SA-T8 for the bargain price of AUS$1300 as B stock due to a microscopic scratch on the side, I thought why not.

This has to be one of the greatest bargains in high-end audio. Built more like a Power Amp, it's a heavyweight in all aspects. I have sat listenening literally gob-smacked at how good this pre-amp is. Massive soundstage, both deep and wide, great 3 dimensionality, dynamic, transparent and oh so musical. Fast transients, music just flows effortlessly and naturally from this gorgeous pre.

I have a custom made tube pre and an Audio Research SP9 MK4 (upgraded way past Mk 3, review to come), both these pre's compete with and surpass pre's around $8k. The SA-T8 surpasses both these. Yes it is that good, if the rest of your equipment is up to it.

If you're in the market for a tube pre for $10k, save youself $7.5k (or more if you can find B stock).

Can I give 6 stars? Highly recommended without reservation.

Submitted by ossi76 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2013

Bottom Line:
This is my first tube amp. And it won't be my last. This amp is the "missing link" between an Oppo 105 and a Krell KAV 250 (a beautiful power amp) powering my Infinity Renaissance 90.

After an uprade from Rotel to Krell and Oppo and from Kappa 8.1i to Renaissance 90 this was one of the best upgrades I made. The tube preamp kills everything that people don't like at digital sound (CD, Hi-Res Flac, SACd and so on) and adds pure music to the digital source.

The sound becomes wide opended, very clean and sound like it was meant to be. It took some time to become comfortable to the new different sound to me after listening to solid state for about 20 years but this tube sound is the right way to listen to your favourite music.

The power of the Krell amp delivers now in a beautiful soundscape and even people who do know nothing about hifi and high end stuff told me after listening to the Vincent (it was a blind test), that this is a keeper and the sound would be much better than without it. They are right. For about 1800 Euro this is - for me - one of the best preamps available.

Nice soundscape, very natural sound and build to last. A Class A, symetrical tube amp for a small buck. Heavy construction, very nice remote. This amp works really fine together with a strong solid state power amp: tube sound with the power of the solid state world. Highly recommended.

BUT: this amp reveals recordings that are not worth it.