TCC TC-754 Preamplifiers

Preamp with 3 line level inputs and a phono input

Submitted by dan93309 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have a Trends TA-10.1 integrated amp which I love and I needed to have more than one source, and so I bought the TC-754 based on a review I saw on TNTaudio.com. FIrst, I tried using an old Dynaco solid state preamp that my dad built in the 60s from a kit and this ruined the sound of the TA-10.1, so I bought the TC-754 and was very happy, except the bass of the TA-10.1 was a little lost when sources went through the TC-754. However, when I replaced the stock AC adapter with a Pyramid 3-amp AC/DC converter (about $20), the sound was much improved and now I am very happy. This product is amazing for the price and has been utterly reliable and the customer service has been outstanding from phonopreamps.com. If you have a T-amp and have more than one source, then this may be for you. I would definately get a better power supply and you should be off and running. A neat feature it has is that it remembers the last source that was selected when the unit is powered off. Also, there is a phono input if I get a record player in the future. I am very happy with this purchase.

Purchased At:   amazon.com