SAS Audio Labs 7A Preamplifiers

Line Level Preamplifier

Submitted by Jean Claude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
For more detail about SAS Audio Labs, please check my review of the SAS Audio Labs SE 7.0 W amplifier in the amplifier section.
Briefly, Steve Sammet of SAS Audio Labs is a very dedicated and knowledgeable guy who will help you to choose the right product without any pressure.
This preamp is very simple and beautiful in an austere way.
There are 3 controls; one to choose the source and 2 volumes controls, one for each channel. The feel of the preamp is great because there are no frills. Your investment goes where it is essential, for good craftmanship and quality parts,not for gadgets.
I listened to it with SAS Audio Labs SE 7.0 W single ended amplifier upgraded to an 11.0 W model.
The quality of a good preamp is to become "invisible" and transparent and this one sure did this.
The upgrade in sound quality from my previous system was enormous. The principal quality of this preamp's sound is that everything sounded natural and alive.
Nothing was obtrusive and calling attention to itself.
Ordering direct from SAS Audio Labs comes with a 45 days trial period so you can assess this preamp's performance with your system in your environment.
If you are looking for a no frill tube preamp, you should give the SAS Audio Labs 7A Line Preamplifier a try.
System:
Arcam Alpha One CD Player
Newform Research 630 Ribbon Speakers
SAS Audio Labs SE 11.0 W Amplifier

Purchased At:   Direct

Affordable subwoofers for my Cakewalk MA-7A monitors

I was wondering what subs are the best for $200 or less. Will the Sony SA-W2500 or the Technical Pro MRS-10Sub be the best? Basicly my monitors has a sub-out RCA so I can connect any sub to it. Here are some pics of my speakers I have been using. You can see that they have a sub-out so I can have be ... Read More »

FGH 26: