Luxman TP-114 Preamplifiers

Luxman Tuner-Preamp

Submitted by karister99 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
I think this unit is a real sleeper. This is an awesome sounding solid unit with great flexibility for stereo listening. I wanted to sell them and had couple of flakes on craigslist, glad that happened:)) I have couple of other pre-amps I'm using like Rotel, B & K and this unit is right up there with the big boys. I had this mated with the Luxman F-114 amp sounded really nice and now hooked up to my Rotel RB-981 sounds awesome. This thng is real open and has a great sound stage. Ever come across on the used market jump on it you'll never regret it and highly recommend to have a nice powerful amp to mate as well.

Submitted by Tim Cowart a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this online at E-BAY and got it for a steal of a price.I love Luxman components and their sound and I'm so glad to finally have the preamp(a key component)integrated back into my stereo again.I cannot imagine how much it would cost to find a similar preamp with the sound,and clarity of Luxman--I would concede that you would have to look in the 800 dollar and above price range and really cannot put my finger on one name brand that comes close ! I highly recommend this preamp if you can find one and even at 150 dollars it's well worth it !

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Picked this up used online at one of the audio sites. What a great sounding unit, looks like one of Luxman's high end products. Better sound stage then the Parasound! a steal at twice what I payed for it.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by KERRY a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
FIRST OFF I DIDN'T BUY THIS NEW. I GOT IT AT A PAWN SHOP FOR $70.00 USED. I HAD TO BUY A REMOTE NEW FROM DEALER FOR $120.00. IT DRIVES A NAKAMICHI PA-5 AMP. THIS IN TURN IS DRIVING ASSORTED VINTAGE JBL, MODERN B&W, OR DEFINITIVE TECH TOWERS. I CHANGE THE SPEAKERS AROUND TO SUIT THE PROGRAM SOURCE MATERIAL. IT WORKS VERY WELL INDEED. I CANT FIND ANY SHORTCOMINGS IN THE SOUND QUALITY. IT BEATS THE DBX PREAMP HANDSDOWN. IF YOU HAPPEN TO FIND ONE OF THESE ON THE USED MARKET I ADVISE YOU TO BUY IT. IT HAS MULTI ZONE CAPABIITY AND COMES FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY. THE TUNER IS VERY GOOD EXCEPT THE REMOTE HAS TROUBLE SELECTING HIGHER PRESET STATIONS. GOOD LUCK FINDING A DEAL LIKE I DID AS THIS WAS ORIGINALLY PRICED AROUND $1000.00

Sennheiser: