Linar Audio Pre-Amplifier 2 Preamplifiers

Max output level 8 volts Output Impedance <50 ohms Harmonic distortion <0.05% Frequency response +/-0.1db 0-20Khz Input impedance 10 Kilohms Mass 13 lbs Dimensions 18"x3.5"x14" (LxHxD)

Submitted by James Lodge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this preamp along with the matching Linar W250 amp because I was looking for a high quality, high value preamp. I’ve had the preamp and amp for about 9 months now and to my ears in my system it’s a great sounding preamp. It’s always difficult to judge a single piece of audio equipment because there are so many variables(associated equipment, cables, room) but I can tell you that everyone who has heard my setup says it sounds great. I’m using the Linar preamp #2 along with the Linar W250, Sim Moon Eclipse and the Proac Response 3’s. The sound is articulate yet still warm and the sound stage is large and accurate. This setup sounds good with all types of music from Jazz to Rap although unfortunately poor recordings still sound like poor recordings. Overall I think the Linar preamp #2 is a great preamp, and a great value. Highly recommended!

Submitted by winternut a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Eight years ago, I purchased a Simaudio P4001SE pre-amplifier and W4070SE amplifier wich I enjoyed very much.
Last year, I heard about Victor Sima's new company named Linar Audio and I started to think about buying a new pre-amplifier to match with my W4070SE.
Finally I found the Linar Audio internet site and communicated my intention to buy the Linar Audio Pre-amp 2.
I had great confidence in Mr. Sima products but never tested this product.
Let me tell you that I never expected so much improvement. I'm not an expert but I can say that everything is much better; clarity, space, richness, details, scene width, height, etc. It's like if I had taken off a curtain in front of my speakers.
I rediscover my CDs and often I get very astonish by what I hear, especially by these oldies with their stereo effects.
Lot of pleasure to come!

Submitted by Standing Wave a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I took a chance when I bought this unit as it was a company I had never heard of. All I knew was that Victor Sima, the former owner of Sim Audio, was the maker. I have not regretted the purchase in any way. This preamp has opened the window to crystal clear, detailed, and rich music. The soundstage is as wide as the room itself and depth seems to go beyond the back walls. Compared with other models I have heard, there is a more natural "air". The sound is awesomely realistic. Vocalists appear to be in the room with you. All the rich tones and "throatiness" come through.
The build quality is excellent, though somewhat minimalistic and traditional, having 4 main RCA inputs and one "monitor" loop.
There is 1 pair of XLR inputs, one pair of XLR outputs as well as 2 pairs of RCA outputs for Bi-amping or multi-room function.
The styling is quite unique, having a brushed aluminum front plate with a slab of Acrylic Plastic in the center that is backlit in blue. Quite stunning at night, and can be turned off too. There are only 5 controls on the front with a couple of extras on the remote. Seems the money went into the internal components and not gadgetry. Fine with me. I liked it so much that I promptly bought the matching 250 watt ampifier.

Associated gear