Legacy Audio high current preamplifier Preamplifiers

Submitted by Chris23 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
There should be more reviews of this pre-amp! I don't know very much about high-end pre-amps but I feel bad that this one seems to be over-looked. In my opinion - it is awesome even though it does some things that I understand a pre-amp should not do. For 1 thing, it is definitly not invisible in my system. Compared to running the CD player direct to amp (a TEAC C D1 and a Parasound HCA-750) the sound is much more detailed in the mid-range and much more controlled in the lower freqs. I don't really know why it does this or if it is a good thing or not but I really like it.

The build quality on this pre-amp is really nice. It actually weighs more than my amp and has one of the coolest volume knobs on earth. Every time you rotate the volume knob, you hear a satisfying, metal "click" noise (from the unit - not over the speakers) - it makes me feel like I am using some piece of military equipment instead of a pre-amp. It has 1 set of RCA outs and 1 set of balanced outs; 3 regular inputs, 1 balanced and 2 loop in/outs (tape and processor). The remote control is no big-deal . . works fine.

Purchased At:   used - Local shop

Submitted by Paul a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
A beautiful component that does what I want it to do. For the price this is one of the best buys out there.