Emotive Audio Sira Preamplifiers

• Power supplys rectification
  • High impedance current sources

Submitted by Brad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2014

Bottom Line:
This review is for a 2014 sira. First of all I want to state that this is my first foray into boutique audio. There is a distinct difference in low volume hi end hifi gear such as vandersteen and gallo vs the extremely limited quantities made by the boutique niche audio builders out there. I went this route partly based on the fantastic but limited reviews I had read, but mostly because I think Fred makes what to my mind is arguably the prettiest piece of audio gear available. Just know going into the purchase that it is hand made and built to order. It wont drop ship in 1-2 days. Be patient. It's worth it.

My sira replaces an aging audible illusions modulus pre and is a very big step up even straight out of the box. With only six hours of break in the pre is already offering a wider and deeper soundstage. There is also a more natural timbre to the bottom end. No bloat or booming, just tight and natural.

Likewise I hear no sibilance on the top end with certain female vocals that have always plagued me in the past. Smooth with sounding syrupy or smeared.

Many thanks to Fred for building this unit for me. She is absolutely gorgeous to look at and if initial impressions are any indication then I will be very pleased when everything burned in...

Submitted by Emotive Sira a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
Without a doubt the finest preamp I have owned and ever heard and I have owned many. Fantastic dynamics, timbre and natural soundstage. Quiet, black background. Have owned Audible Illusions M3A, L-1, Conrad Johnson PV-10, YBA, and heard dozens of others.

Product model year:   2007