Denon PRA-S10 Preamplifiers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Randy Audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2017

Bottom Line:
Not sure how my review on the Denon PRA-1000 got on this page? My follow up after several month's with that Pre in my system. Constantly having the hair on my arm's and back of my neck usually do a standing ovation at least once every listening session, not kidding. Roughly 4 months ago i pick up Denon POA-1500 power amp on CR, for $140. The guy through in a TU-767 Tuner to match. Guy even gave me a nice pair on RCA connect's. I am just amazed at the wonderful sound i am hearing. Hard to believe it is even my system. I attend the Rocky Mtn. Audio fest every year, except for the over $3000 to $4000 and higher PRE's & Amps. I am will keep what i have. Listening to some Floyd as i write this. ( WOW !) The Rolling stones vinyl i have sounds sounds so good also. Use a Shure Hi-Track mm cart. Just outstanding Pre-Amp & Amplifer combo. Worth a listen if you ever come across either of these. Run don't walk to the demo, take my word for this.

Submitted by Randy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2016

Bottom Line:
Found a Denon PRA-1000 @ Goodwill, paid $12.75 and it included a 1990 model Tuner.What a steal, was sure it would have have issues. No, i cleaned it up with deox-it real well and hooked it up in my system, Wow, this thing really has a nice smooth warm sound. Here is my current system.
Rotel RSX-1067 Reciever used in Bypass mode, digital circuits shut down,
Marantz BD7004 Biu-Ray player
Audio Alchemy DTI,
Wired-4-Sound UDAC
Pioneer PDR-609 Digital Recorder
Denon PRA-100 Preamp, Replaces PS Audio 6.1 Preamp
Monster HTS 1700 Power Conditioner
B.I.C. Ventturi V620's, Polk Monitor 10's, DCM TimeFrame 400's, Klipsch RF-5's, LBL LX22's, Wharfedale Versus 500's
AudioQuest, Tara Labs, Wireworld, Morrow cables & speaker wires.Listening to the B.I.C. V620's currently playing some Mark Lanegan, Adding the Denon in my system puts a smile on my face every time i fire it up. Sound stage seems bolder than w/PS Audio Preamp, Bass is tighter, Mid's became silky smooth. Hooked up Monitor 10's few weeks ago, they merged with the PRA-1000 real nice also. Need to hook up the Klipsch to see if it can tame the brightness of the Horn Tweeter's. Will post again after i test drive the Klipsch's. Going to add, i have purchased all but Dac & Cables at GOODWILL. Have less than $1500 into my entire system. Budget Audiophile is how i roll, patience is the key to building my system, 10 years in the making and should continue up until the day i die. 5 star Preamp in the $3000 or less price range. IMO!

Submitted by JOSE a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have a COMPLETE MONTARBO W5 Vintage ORIGINAL PA ( 2 X 1000 W ) with Great Clean Sound .
I use hearing mostly Music CD´S - DVD´S & Concert DVD´S .
I tryed a few mix tables : Yamaha - Behringer ...also Equalisers : Technics - Akai ... but sound was never well balanced and right columns always played louder than left ones - me thinking maybe a problem of inside active equalisers .
Then I tryed to add a DENON PMA QS10 Pre Amplifier that I bought for about 10 yrs and never used because thought it was dispensable.
So PHILIPS DVD Player to DENON - then to 2 MONTARBO 900 AMPLIFIERS - then to the W5 TOWERS SPEAKERS - and here the result :

DENON INCREASED SOUND LEVEL AROUND 100 W - IN ALL FREQUENCIES _ HIGH - MIDLE & LOW & MAINTAING OR EVEN INCREASING HIGH NOTES - ALSO A STRONGER BASS NOTES . ALL THAT KEEPING THE PURITY & AUDIO QUALITY OF MONTARBO W5 .

I AM SURPRISED . A MUST TRY THIS DENON PRE AMPLIFIER - it Really FILLS ENTIRE SPEAKERS FREQUENCIES .

JOSE - from Lisbon - Portugal

Submitted by Arjen de Goeij a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I hooked this pre-amp between my Sony DVP-S90000 sacd/dvd player and the second input of my 2 Sony TA-N9000ES (in BTL mode)amplifiers, hoping it would do some good for my Infinity Renaissance 90 speakers. These gems are powerhungry speakers and the lack of bass-output I was experiencing had everything to do with my 2 Sony amplifiers I thought. Boy, I was wrong.... This Denon pre-amp brought my Infinity's (and my amps) to life, I heard bass never experienced before. The pre-amp produces a somewhat warm, very pleasant unfatiguing sound. The musicality of this pre-amp is unheard of in this pricerange, without a doubt!

First I was looking for the Sony TA-P9000ES pre-amp, which seems to be a damn fine pre-amp with lots of features, but because of complete lack of information when this pre-amp would be available here in The Netherlands/Germany I decided not to wait any longer (after 4 months of waiting and a refusement from Sony to give ANY information on this subject I got so fed up of Sony and their so called 'customer service' I decided to look around for another brand, no regrets what so ever).

Purchased At:   www.mediacheckpoint.

Submitted by j b a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
Rich tonal balance. The sonics are unheard of at the price, especially from a japanese company. Beats everything under $1500.

Purchased At:   soundscape