Citation Twenty-five Preamplifiers

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

(See reviews)

Submitted by Dennis B a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have one of these hooked up to my Parasound 1200 and I love it. I even have it plugged into my computer using the Event Gina soundcard. It was enough inputs to handle everything I own. Sounds very clean to me. The only thing that bothers me a little is the noise you get from using the remote to raise or lower the volume. Other than that, I think this thing, built like a tank, is a good deal at the $200-$250 price you can find a used one for.

Submitted by Jerome Chiecchio a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1998

Bottom Line:
I just changed a NAD 114 for this Citation 25. I like it much better! It's very well bilt. It was at 229 at Saturday A. Ex. (the NAD is at 300)I'll give a 4, I always keep the hope of finding something better.

Submitted by Apisun Watanavongsakorn a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 1998

Bottom Line:
Yes, it is the very great pre-amp. I have compared by Dynaco, Nad 116. The Citation is the best one. I very delingt to give it 5 stars.

Submitted by Arctic Ear a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 1997

Bottom Line:
Obtained one of these on closeout from Saturday Audio Exchange. Originally $900 on sale for $299. I love bargains and this is one fine pre-amp! It is built like a tank, has a basic remote, and has a remarkable array of controls and inputs that are tastefully executed in a unit that looks as good as it sounds. Now for the Arctic Ear's Ultimate Pre-Amp Test: with all sources turned off, he rotates the volume control to FULL POWER... the indicator lamp on the 115 wpc solid state power amp glows hungrily... the 93dB sensitivity speakers eagerly await a signal... and he hears... NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! No hum, no buzz, no hiss. THAT is the sound of a quality pre-amp! Not only that but it allows the music to come to the speakers unhindered. System sounds much more transparent. I'll keep it!

Award-Winning Axiom: