Carver Audio PSC-60 Preamplifiers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Preamplifier / Tuner

Submitted by MorePower a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this Pre/Tuner from Ebay, it was new/old stock never been open or used. I do not care much for the tuner or phono stage, but CD and others perform very well.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've owned my PSC-60 for 10 years, with no complaints. No joke. (Web form only allows me to specify 1995 or later). I use it to feed a pair of TFM-15CB amps driving a custom satellite/subwoofer pair. Audio source is an Adcom PCG-575 CD player.

You won't be looking at a PSC-60 if you are into home theater... it is strictly a two-channel preamp. However, this makes it simple and practically noise-free. With proper cabling (I don't mean expensive, I mean carefully done), this combination of components yields inaudible noise and distortion at all comfortable listening levels.

Sonic Holography is an effective way to expand and 'warm' the signal, especially when physical separation of the speakers is impractical, but can have a tendency to 'muddy' the music (this is a very critical statement about a very good system, however).

The purpose of a preamp is to distribute and control your input sources, and then disappear. My PSC-60 does that quite well.

Submitted by Duane a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had my preamp tuner for four years now. It's the best sounding tuner i ever had. With Sonic Holography that brings out a lifelike sound field imaging when listening to music or cd's and everyday TV. I also have a carver CD player so the remote can control it also. it has everything a receiver has A/V, Tape1 and 2, Phono, Aux but you need to add the right amp for this baby if you want to have good sound. I gave this preamp five star because it was a great value for the money, Sound is out of this world. And for how well made it's. I can see me having it for a long time from now.

PANAMAX: