Audio Note M1 Preamplifiers

• 5 Inputs
  • 2 Stereo Outputs enabling Bi-amping

Submitted by Ya So a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
Though Audio Note M1 is about the entry level of the pre-amp series, it offers good details of sound. I have tried a number of transistor pre-amp, tube pre-amp before. Compared to the rest, M1 gives me the impression of simple, clear, and musical. If we open the body, you may be amazed on how simple the circuit of this pre-amp. Single tube, not complicated components around it.

Definitely, M1 is not at a top end tube pre-amp model. Many tube pre-amp can cost us over US$ 10K but actually without a good match of the rest of the components, it spoils the value of the expensive pre-amp. In fact, on the other hand, if we put M1 match with the other high end equipments, which I tried before in my friend's house, we cannot tell M1 is one pull down the overall value of the system.

I highly regard the value of M1. It has a clean design, simple layout, ease to match characteristic with very affordable price, especially if we think that we want to have amplifier with pre and power sessions separately, otherwise, why not just pick an integrated amplifier to save the cost?

Submitted by K.sund a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
My thing is a M1 phono. It´s connected to audio note p2 power amp. All valves...The sound is highly musical and fullbodied. Detailed enough I think... It probably helps me and make it possible to listen to music rather than hifi equipment. But undoubtedly overpriced. Thats for most of audio notes products. I asked my mother ( ! ) if she thought that it was too expensive. She refused to say so. " If you like the sound of it, it is probably worth it. My rating is because of the price..... Have not heard anything else I would rather have...

High End: