PS Audio GCPH Phono Preamps

• Passive RIAA Curve
  • RIAA accuracy better than 1/10th dB

Submitted by Shane a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2017

Bottom Line:
I use this along side a plx1000 turnatable - sugden a21a A class amp - bowers @ Wilkins cm6 s2 .
Ok this is some serious phono stage , I play mostly electronic ambient/techno and with the pa audio it really brings out the intricate melodies and harmony . I have not used the balanced outs and my sugden does not provide this feature . So I'm only using budget rca cables at the moment and it still sounds wonderful, so I could imagine what a balenced sound stage could :) .... I'm also using a 2m black ortofon to finish this off . I picked this up for $400 Aus Dollers from a audiophile local who was kind enough to get me into quality gear , and now I can't go back .

Submitted by Ed P. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2014

Bottom Line:
Wow. I'm a long time audiophile / music lover and this preamp changed everything for analog - for me. I have been using a Krell preamp and amp with Vandersteen speakers for some time. I have a $800 Pro-Ject turntable and have been trying various sub $1000 phono preamps with pretty good results. Some tube, some op-amp based... I always wanted to try the GCPH and picked one up for about $500 used. Wow. I have never heard analog like this. I have never heard more into the record before. I can hear crazy resolution. Talk about goose bumps and toe tapping. I would put this baby up against any $2000 to $3000 phono preamp and smoke it, I bet. It's that good. If you have the means and see one used, don't hesitate, try it.