YBA Integre Integrated Amplifiers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1995.00

Submitted by LB a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
My amp is a single transformer Integre alpha (I believe the current model is a delta). It is also possible to get an Integre with dual transformers.

My system: REGA Jupiter+Io Transport and DAC, Intergre, Cabasse Jonque 302, Nordost Solar Wind interconnects, NVA speaker cables.

I had heard about the Integre for 5 years before I actually heard one. Found one second hand in a Hi-Fi shop. I was curious and asked for a listen. I was stunned by what I heard. It is some of the best amplification that I have ever heard. Can't imagine that you would want more.

It passed all reference CD tests with not a single problem. It also does what is rare and difficult, in my opinion, but a good test if you know what to listen for. Namely, it accurately reproduces the sound of a piano in the two octaves below middle C. There seems to be a certain amount of control required to do this. And the Integre is famous for its control and ability to drive difficult loads (though you might need the dual transform unit). My speakers are fairly easy to drive so I'm happy with one transformer.

The soundstage and imaging are also superb.

It's an extremely musical piece of gear and I can highly recommend it.

Purchased At:   Pink Noise

Submitted by NENAD MATESIC a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
FIRST CONTACT WITH SIMILAR "UNDERPOWERED" "OWERPRICED" BUT ASTONISHING INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER WAS WITH NAIM NAIT. AFTER THAT I DON'T HAVE PREJUDICE AND COMPLEX TO OWN AND REALY ENJOY IN SUCH PIECE OF JEWLERY!
AFTER FIRST FEW AUDITIONING I WAS TAKEN BY ITS SUPERB DYNAMICS AND MUSICALITY, BIG SOINDSTAGE WICH DO NOT FALL DOWN IN EXTREME VOLIME LEVELS, THE DETAILS, TRANSPARENCY, PACE - JUST EVERYTHING WHAT I EXCPECT FROM HIGH END AMPLIFIER. MR. BERNARD REALLY DO A RIGHT THING WITH THIS AMPLIFIER. I FORGET TO SAY, I'M LISTENING IN BIG ROOM
WxDxH 6,5 m x 4,70 m x 3,75 m AND I REALLY DON'T HAVE PROBLEM WITH AMPLIFIER POWER! NORMALY I CAREFULLY CHOOSE
SPEAKERS AND WITH THIS SPEAKERS I TRY IT : JM LAB ELECTRA 820, CABASSE EAGEA 500, B&W NAUTILIS 805 OR 804, KEF REFRENCE 2, WIENA ACOUSTIC MOZART SIGNATURE, AUDIOPHYSICS VIRGO, SONUS FABER ELECTRA AMATOR II, SONUS FABER CONCERTO
GRAND PIANO, NEW AUDIO FRONTIERS, ZYNGALI,AND MY OLD CANTOON
THREE WAY SPEAKERS 86db SENSITYVITY ON 4 OHMS 20 YEARS OLD BUT RENEWED HANDELED WITH FORCE AND AUTHORITY!
MY SYSTEM TILL THIS MOMENT IS TIRNTABLE PROJECT-PERSPECTIVE
WITH VAN DEN HULL THE FROG MC HIGH OUTPUT, INTERCONNECT IS
CARDASS GOLDEN CROSS, CD IS OLD NAIM CD 3 BUT NOW I MUST DECIDE TO BUY YBA 2, OR MERIDIAN 508.24 OR NAIM CDX, INTERCONNECT IS NEW AUDIO FRONTIERS. TUNER IS YBA REFINEMENT
WITH YBA DIAMOND INTERCONNECT, SPEAKERS ARE MY OLD CANTOONS
BUT NOW I WILL UPGRADE IT WITH ONE OF THESE SPEAKERS I MENTIONED BEFORE WITH TOKHO SPEAKER CABLES, AND ALSO SOMETIMES I PUT KIMBER 8TC DOUBLE RUN WHICH IS VERY GOOD
PARTNER WITH YBA DIAMOND OR CARDASS GOLDEN CROSS INTECONECTS
ALSO I FORGOT TO SAY ALL POWER CORDS EXCEPT TURNTABLE ARE YBA DIAMOND POWER CORD CONNECTED TO YBA FILTER.
I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND OWNERS OF OTHER AMPLIFIERS BUT FOR ME THIS IS TILL NOW THE END IN SEARCHING HOLLY GRALL. I'M IN HIFI AND HIGH END ALMOST 22 YEARS AND I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME TO FIND SOMETHING SPECIAL LIKE THIS INTEGRE. IF Mr.
BERNARD CREATE NEW INTEGRE, I'LL DEFINITELY WANT TO AUDITION IT. TILL THIS TIME I'LL LISTEN MY RECORD AND CD COLLECTION
(CLASSICAL, JAZZ PREVALENTLY) AND ENJOY MY SYSTEM WITH FOR ME THE BEST AMPLIFIER ON THE WORLD! (ONCE MORE SORRY TO EVERYONE WHO IS NOT SEDUCED WITH ITS FRANCE CHARM, MUSICALITY....)!!!!

Submitted by Jeff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had my YBA Integre for over 7 years now. It is suprising what a huge wide soundstage it throws up for a transistor amp.The phono stage on this amp is absolutely killer....beats MUCH more expensive units by a far margin! Buy this amp if you prefer vinyl over CD's! Bass freaks be warned this is NOT the amp for you!Has also very quick transiets and very dynamic!

BLG CP024: