Yamaha DSP-A3090 Integrated Amplifiers

4.78/5 (37 Reviews) MSRP : $2000.00

Submitted by Matt a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2015

Bottom Line:
Hi,

I got a Yamaha DSP - A3090 I would like to sell. If anyone interested just make me an offer. Regrettable sales, but I needed the cash.

You can sms me on 0499377040 Matt ( Liverpool )

Submitted by John D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
I came across a whole stack of Audio Video equipment that was put to the curb several years ago. VCR's, speakers, monster cable, sub woofers, etc, etc. I did not need any additional gear at the time.but noticed this nice Yamaha amp within the pile. I said what the heck, I'll check it out.
It was missing the remote that I eventually bought off ebay for $30.00. I decided to hook it up to my speaker system which is mostly vintage. Wow! What a sound. I can't think for the life of me why someone would want to dump it. I was running a Sansui AU-517 at the time, but it required some service work. I pulled that unit and replaced it with the Yamaha. Long story short, I have been using it ever since. I had to recouple the pre-amp back to the power amp using inexpensive RCA cables. The original owners must have used a separate power amps in conjunction with the preamp to this unit. I don't see why when you already have 80 wpc included.

I love the Yamaha digital fields that give you a digital ambiance to your speaker systems. If you come across one of these for a reasonable price, you may want to give it a try. They are built like a tank. No cheesy plastic on these units.

Submitted by Peter S. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2012

Bottom Line:
Good golly this is 2012....I was looking for decent speakers for my tube preamp and high current amp and came across BW 805 Matrix selling for $300 used. The owner wanted to sell everything (BW 805 Matrix, BW 805 Center speakers, Paradigm bipolars A200, and the YAMAHA DSP A3090 made in JAPAN not CHINA) for $500. I laughed at the Yamaha when I loaded it in my car. It was very heavy.

Did not really care for it but was enjoying the tube set up paired with the BW 805 Matrix bi-wired with Analysis Plus Oval 9s. Great set-up.

Got bored one Saturday night, so I said what the heck. Set-up the Yamaha with the 5 speakers and fired it up. Nothing magical for the last 2 hours until I calibrated everything right then....OOHHH my gosh...fell flat on my a**.

Distortion of .015%, hefty transformer, the size, the weight...then it occured to me this is one quality great-sounding integrated amp.

Listened to Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Laura Fygi,jazz, rock and this beast lets it all flow effortlessly and the speakers disappear. It is an unbelievable beast,

Wow, do not like the hard-wired IEC, it is 16 years old and still sounds superb. Would I keep it, of course. I have not heard the 2012 Marantz (SR7005) with state of the art chips and dips but don't really care and I do not want to spend $1500 on another receiver.

The Yamaha A3090 is 16 years old but beats many current models out there using cheap chips and dips. I'll let it sing for as long as it can then maybe look into a Marantz in the future,

Last of the great stuff of yesteryears....

Submitted by eugene a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
i bought this amp(yamaha dsp-a3090) used at Goodwill for $6.99(six dollars and ninety-nine cents). it is the most amazing amp i've had yet, i didn't know the value of it when i bought it. pleasent surprise!

Submitted by aka76 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
my system :
sony dvd ns530
yamaha 3090 amp
b&w matrix 805 main speakers
jbl scs150 speakers set

let me make it quick.i buy this amp second handed with 100% condition minus box n user manual,to replace my denon 1803 dts-es amp.why?its just i know quality but i dont have the budget,the result is..i dont believe how lucky i am n how sad i would be if i wasn't quick enough to buy this amp,$700-800 still fair,if u dont believe me,just go listen,tell u how it sounds with what cd n what dvd will not give u any good,if u have budget more than $1000,just buy Yamaha (dsp a series or ax series).below that it's up to u to choose.Yamaha amps have the best dsp,expecially the one with front effect (7-8 channel),u should try rock concert/jazz club for music n 70mm dsp for movie,than u will understand,i never turn on the dsp feature from another brand,this 3090 with all transistor power section (80 watts x 5 with only 0,015%thd),sounds excellent,as good as any top of the line japanese integrated amp.build quality n looks is excellent,weight 21kg,the best DSP sound i've ever heard,my second Dolby Digital amp,so no comment for that feature,should be excellent logically,well.. so much to say.. so little time,just read strenghts

Purchased At:   second hand