Yamaha DSP A1 Integrated Amplifiers

4.42/5 (204 Reviews) MSRP : $2600.00

Submitted by George a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2014

Bottom Line:
If you find a nice, clean low hours DSP A1 for under $500.00, buy it. You'll have a treasure!

Submitted by 94parkavenue a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit in 1999 as an upgrade from the DSP-A1000 which I purchased in 1993. Having had Yamaha products as my main amplifier for ten years + I am very familar with the line. I particualry like the DSP modes and fine the steering Dolby steering logic to be above average. In short, you get what you pay for and I have not been disappointed yet.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   the wiz

Submitted by DSP-A1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have tried a number a recievers onkyo,
sony. DENON, just about all of them. all the dsp modes SUCKED ass EXCEPT THE YAMAHA'S SO I bought a DSP-A1 i could not believe the way they sounded i love the roxy theatre mode. also the yamaha is the only one who could run my 4 vega 15' cabinets with geting super hot i don't care what anyone says Yamaha is always rated the best of all recievers.go to audiophile.com
they rated the best and home theatre says the best integrated amp they have ever heard don't waste your time with any other name buy Yamaha

Purchased At:   Rowe photo grafic an

Submitted by Ron Pol a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
This Baby Sings, Forget about all the other Yamahas out there, I dont see how the the RX-V1 can sound any better, Especially when you can pick up this baby for around $900. I had the RX-V3000 which is simular to the RX-V1, It had 5 channel stereo, DTS-ES Matric 6-1, So what! That extra rear channel didn't make it sound any better then the Yamaha A-1, Which tells me the the Amplifier's and PreAmps in the cheaper Yamahas are very much inferior, Even though the Yamaha A-1 dosen't have the rear center channel, It still will sound better then any other cheaper Sony, Denon, with 6.1 Ect, It would mean just more sound with no quality, The Amplifiers in the A-1 alone is worth the money.

Purchased At:   Audiogone

Submitted by Willie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Yamaha DSP-A1 after reading many positive views and a trip to one the local audio/video stores to have a listen. I must say I was amazed at the clarity of the sound and features. So I went on Ebay where I purchased one brand new in the original sealed box from the original owner who never set it up.

My system consists of:
Pioneer SD-P6085 60" Rear Projection Television
Yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated Amplifier
Yamaha TX-930 Tuner
Pioneer DVL-909G (World version/NTSC & PAL/Region Code Free)
JVC HR-S9500U Super VHS Recorder
Yamaha EQ-550 Equilizer (for Music Only)
Yamaha K-720 Cassette Deck
Yamaha PX-3 Turntable
Pioneer PD-F1009 301 CD Changer
(2) JBL S-312 12" 3-Way Speakers (Front Mains)
(1) JBL S-Center 3-Way Speaker (Center)
(2) JBL S-38 8" 3-Way Speakers (Rear)
(2) JBL S-36 6" 3-Way Speakers (Effects)
(2) Infinity BU-2 12" 100 Watt Subwoofers

My home theater is set up in my garage and really puts you into the action. Some of the movies that will show off the Yamaha's abilities are: Pitch Black, Lost In Space (especially the opening dog-fight scene) and Final Fantasy. The DSP-A1 has worked flawlessly since the day I set it up and I don't think you could ask for more bells and whistles than this unit gives you. The remote (although larger than I would like) was a little difficult to learn all of it's capabilities but I am now starting to feel comfortable with it. As you can tell from my system I make full use of the DSP-A1's rear panel of inputs and outputs with a few to spare. Playing with all the soundfields gets a little tiresome, my suggestion is to find a few (the jazz ones are relly great) that you like, use them and save your time for some really great DVD watching and don't forget to crank up the sound. If you are looking for the best value for your audio dollar without scimping on quality or performance this is the unit. You will not be disappointed

Purchased At:   Ebay/Original Owner

Yamaha DSP A1 or Htr 5990

Because of what I use and the price I am looking to purchase either the Yamaha HTR- 5990 or the DSP A-1 . Help with advice please . I mostly listen to music but almost as much watch DVD`s through my Xbox 360 HD DVD . I dont watch TV at present . HELP Ebay is ending soon !!!Read More »

Sennheiser: