Yamaha AX-590 Integrated Amplifiers

3.79/5 (19 Reviews)

Submitted by sonicboove a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
Very happy with this amp.Having owned many over the years.I seem to have stuck with this one for quite a while. Powers my large speakers with no issues, I do listen to electronic music and this is perfect for my needs.

Submitted by thespirit3 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm very happy with this. When buying - I compared this side by side with a Nad (Nad 320?). The NAD won in terms of absolute sonic performance, but the Yamaha won in terms of flexability. A powerful amp - will drive practically any speaker without a problem, with bags of power to handle those difficult bass passages. Chop out the tone controls with the direct button - for instant improvements in clarity.

Submitted by Aki Nieminen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
It offers you a great deal of power and can handle variety of music. I bought it second-hand 2 years ago and it was really a bargain (200 euros)
This amplifier works great with any small speakers (my Amphion argon), altought it could still deliver more power for these speakers. Sound is not perfect, it is too hard, well too hard for classical music but good with jazzlike music and great for machine made music.

Purchased At:   Local hifi-store

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, I must inform you that I have pleased myself with a new stereoset which is more audiophile and it blows the Yamaha away. I'm talking about Marantz PM17mkll. OK you cannot compare these amplifiers, but now I really enjoy music. In short the Yamaha is not bat for just listening, but if you really want to enjoy buy Musical Fidelity or Arcam or like myself Marantz Premium.

Purchased At:   RAF hifi

Submitted by eric pos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have this amp for nearly five years now and I'm still pleased with it, because it can handle a lot.
Over the years I've learned how to get along wiht this amp.
It's verry important which type of music is being played by what volume.
I agree it has that "Yam" sound, but realy with the right speakers(Dali suite 2.5) you'll get the best out of your Yamaha.
With neutral speakers you could think of Bi-wiring connection, if you have MBquart don't even think about it and I suggest you immediately buy other speakers!

Purchased At:   RAF hifi