Sharp SM-SX100 Integrated Amplifiers

Sharp's New "High Speed Sampling 1-Bit Signal" Amplifier - 100w x 2 Channels - ST-Link Optical, TOS-Link Optical, BNC Coaxial and RCA Coaxial Digital Inputs - SADC Exclusive 1-Bit Signal Input - 2 RCA Analog and 1 XLR Balanced Analog Inputs - TOS-Link Optical and RCA Analog Outputs

Submitted by Martyn Thomas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I regularly attend Hi Fi shows and listen to all the Hi End kit that I can. I had never heard anything to compare with this. I have a pair of Chord Pre and Power Amps which I used to think were very good. To be fair they are. n Wafia 301 front end and Esl 63's with an REL storm III sub gives the system a chance to show off it's paces. When I replaced the Chords with the Sharp Digital Amp. I was astonished. I did not know that a sound this good was available to a listener. I have ordered a replacement pair of Quad 989's as I do not believe the ESL 63's are good enough now.

This is an incredible statement product from Sharp. They have introduced their new technology in a no expense spaired state of the art product that defies belief. Do you like NEUTRAL, valve like top end, only better!! Slam and dynamics like transistors, without their vices. This Amp goes loud. At volume level '75' out of a possible '128' the ESL's are in danger of disintegrating as is the best china. The accuracy of reproduced sound is uncanniloy real. A friend who has a Musical Fidelity Nuvista Integrated Amp itself a well respected piece of kit agrees that the Sharp product has raised the ceiling of what is attainable with Hi Fi. He is a professional Opera singer of international repute. I know he wants one. Unfortunately they have been discontinued and are as common as rocking horse droppings. So if you ever get to listen to one be prepared to feel extremely sad and disheartened. They are very difficult to track down and who would want to part with one. I am trying to locate another to put away as a spare in case the worst should happen and in a few years time a component failure reduces me to 'normal' amplification again.

Purchased At:   Lincoln

Submitted by michel lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
...I'd never never hear a amplifier that is so hifi and fast and musicial ...

Sound of this digital amp is so fast and musicial ,,,

nothing I feel bad ...I'm highly recommend to all hi-end hifi fans ,,,,

SHARP is not only to make LCD and mircowave oven ,,,,,

Purchased At:   HongKong

Submitted by Bob Greeny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is the best amplifier that I have ever heard. Neutral, dynamic and very musical. Drive everything without problems. This is a beautiful product and worth money.

60.0 WA BLACK: