Rega Luna Integrated Amplifiers

4.17/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $695.00

400 Watt Stereo Integrated Amplifier

Submitted by Peter Tamon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
Good sound with detail.

Submitted by pwleung a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
1./ sweet sound
2./ very good driven power when compared
to the same grade.
3./ very detail sound

Submitted by Stefano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got a Rega Planet CD in December 2001, and I liked a lot what it did to my CDs.
The music seemed "more musical", less hi-fi.
So I decided to try also a Rega amp, was so luky to find a friend who knew a guy that was selling his for 465 Euros, and was not disappointed. The "more musical" effect was enhanced. I have had this baby singing in my living room for a couple of weeks, and I can say it is a real joy to sit down and listen to my records. The phono section is quite good, though not unbeatable: I still prefer to use my Musical Fidelity The Preamp IIb, who has also MC capability (the Luna is MM only).

I thought the Luna was a "small" amp, but it's muscular and powerful, and I doubt it could not drive properly any real world speaker. The toroidal transformer inside is big and heavy.

I have only a minor complaint: when I opened it for the first time, I ruined the tape switch. I costed me just a little to get it fixed, but a simple warning on the manul might have been appreciated.

I am very pleased about the way this mini-system works, even more because I never heard a Rega system sound this good in any shop. I read on Rega's web site that Rega products are engineered to sound good in typical rooms, not in acoustically treated environments, and I think they really mean it. Every Rega system I auditioned in a shop sounded dull and unattractive. So, if you want to understand how one of their products is really like, please beg the salesman to let you bring it home for evaluation. You won't be disappointed.

Submitted by Michael Craigie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
I auditioned this amp against the Marantz PM66KI-Sig and the Arcam Alpha 8R with the Marantz CD63KI-Sig as the source and Dynaudio Audience 60 speakers. It won by a mile. The Rega sounds powerful and controlled and introduces realism to live and acoustic recordings that make the Marantz and Arcam sound very artificial by comparison. The treble is smooth yet detailed and never sounds harsh. I listened to all types of music from the Prodigy to Fleetwood Mac's "Dance" album. It performed splendidly with all types of music. Build qhality is superb. You can tell as soon as you pick up this very solid piece of kit that it is something special. Audition it, you wont be wasting your time.

Submitted by EddieD a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I wanted to buy a good stereo for my wife's birthday so I chose the Rega Luna integrated amp and matched it up to a pair of Rega Alya speakers. I am not an audiophile but the sound is absolutely beautiful, even from my old Sharp reciever! I am now considering buying an Ah!Tjoeb CD player to enhance my listening pleasure...and the price is right!

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Prima Luna Pro Logue Two and Vandersteen Cs2 Signature ?!

Hello everybody ! I wander if anyone has some experience with regard to the matching of an integrated valve amp Prima Luna Pro Logue Two and the Vandersteen Cs 2 Signature loudspeakers, as i may buy them ?! Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts ?! I am new into the stereo hi-fi, but still want the bes ... Read More »

Has anyone heard the new Prima Luna Dialogue? and a question

I just saw their new DiaLogue lineup on their website. First thing I noticed was that those suckers weigh twice as much as ProLogue series. Specs seem better. Triode/UL option will be nice, but just may tempt me to upgrade my speakers. Most importantly, this could mean that I can buy Prologue2 used ... Read More »

Triangle Stratos Luna

I have brand new Triangle Lunas for sale...Any one interested? Also, for sale are Esprit series Stella, Titus, Comete, and subs. I have less than 10 pairs left of the ones that I have mentioned. email me at [email]triangleusa@hotmail.com[/email] or give me a call at 661 600 2919 thanks, ... Read More »

Atlantic Technology: