Onkyo A-9911 Integrated Amplifiers

4.1/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $1120.00

Integra Integrated Amplifier - 90 Watts

Submitted by TommyP a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2011

Bottom Line:
It's very bad, think so everybody could buy

Submitted by TV123 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
This unit is nice. It was a tad overpriced. The sound quality is very smooth that comes out of it. I think it is bettered by many stereo receivers today that are in the $4-500 range. Even many Home theater receivers do a better job.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Mickboy Mickboy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I decided to buy this unit, it was 3 months after it was discontinued. As it was/is one of the last quality Stereo Integrated Amps I decided to try a search and lo and behold, I found a 'demo' at a New Jersey stereo store for $800. Not the $399 bargain but I wanted the Gold colored one and that was hard to find at that time.
I also, will, if it holds up, have this going to the grave with me. I cannot imagine ANY manufacture putting this kind of quality Stereo Amp on the market period. It's all Bullsheet HomeTheater now anyway so this will maybe go down as one of the last great ones...Yamaha went down the tubes, Marantz's design is bulky and ugly, Pioneer is a Joke compared to the 70's gear they put out so I really don't have much hope that anything better will come along. I did mate it with Infinity Overture 3 speakers and an Infinity sm120 powered subwoofer and I'll make your lips melt with the sound that comes out of these things.......Heaven on earth...(or as close as you can come audiowise within a middleclass budget).
Watch out for oxidation on the source selector knob though, they didnt gold plate the contacts and it does get the 'scratchy' sound when changing sources......Stupid move on their part...they use a $300 volume potentiometer and dont even pay attention to the source selector circuit......Stupidity at its finest....and this on a $1200 unit??????

Purchased At:   used Stereo Store in

Submitted by Corey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
Onkyo Integra A-919
well first of all my amp is not the amp in the list but since there are similar prices ill put it here
specifications are as follows
120 + 120 watts at 8ohms 20-20,000hertz with a thd measured from cd in to speaker out of 0.0015
it originally retails for about 1600 US dollars.
My System:
monster cable z1 speaker wire going to my sub
klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer
and last but not least:
JBL 4312b mkII control monitor speakers

well first of all, to most of the people out there this is a budget system....let me tell you..the US military doesnt pay that great. but let me also say for the price you wont find many systems keep up with clarity or spl levels.

total stereo price is about 2200 dollars

the amp teamed up with this setup is just so warm and open...and loud...it comes through crystal clear....and if you read the reviews on the jbl's US brethren you know they sound harsh with bad amps. but let me tell you there is no harshness.
but the amp does need good speakers..just messing around i hooked up my old pair of JBL HLS 810's....and they sounded way better than they did before but they still didnt sound right to me

i truly recommend this integrated amp/preamp

Purchased At:   local used japanese stereo store

Submitted by Thomas Kapitza a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Before I bought this Amp, I had a Audiolab Pre/Power unit of the last Generation. A friend of mine has the 9711 Amplifier, and one day whe tried it in my System. I was quite astonished how the Audiolab Set handled the deep Bass and the Treble.
There was moch more with the Onkyo. Especially with Classical Music I could hear the Room "breathing". I sold my Audiolab Stuff and bought me the bigger 9911 and he did the Job even better than the 9711.
I think, I will keep this Amp till the End of his/or my Life.
My System now is:
Cabasse Iroise (wonderful Loudspeakers)
Onkyo 9911 Integrated Amp