NAD C326BEE Integrated Amplifiers

3.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $549.99

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

The NAD C 320 series of amplifiers have always punched far above their modest weight. Combining the highest levels of audio engineering with an extensive feature list, and more than adequate power for all but the most ambitious systems, the C 326BEE keeps the concept of affordable hi-end alive and well. With the very high dynamic power and low impedance drive capability of NAD’s proprietary PowerDrive™ circuit, the C 326BEE is able to accurately control even difficult to drive loudspeakers while sounding musical, detailed, coherent and relaxed. Stereo Integrated Amplifier 50 watts x 2 full-bandwidth-rated,7 RCA audio inputs

Submitted by Sharkman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I needed to replace a stereo receiver in my bedroom system and decided on the NAD C326BEE after acquiring a used NAD C372 and being quite happy with the performance. The NAD BEE series is even better.

When the C326 came in, I wanted to compare it to the C372 right off and see what differences, if any, there were between the two in sound quality. The C372 at 150 wpc is quite dynamic and has a well defined soundstage, being on the warm side. My speakers can be bright sounding with a hot top end with some gear, and this issue was not present at all. The C326BEE is a different animal. The soundstage is more 3 dimensional and has a live feel to it that the C372 does not achieve. It is not as warm, but has a nice balance to it. Good power too, I wasn't sure what 50 watts would sound like, but there's plenty of power here. It really reveals good quality recordings/production.

The C372 is a design that was first released in 2004 I believe, while the C326 was released in 2009. The newer design has a master on/off switch in the back as well as a power button that doesn't have an in/out position as the C372 does. It's a better design allowing you to turn on the unit with either the button or the remote. As with all NAD integrated amps, you have stereo pre-outs to run a separate amp. The rear has one set of speaker terminals only, so if you want to run 2 or more pairs you need a speaker selector box, which I also purchased.

It also has a 12 volt trigger, also nice for a separate amp or other units needing remote turn on/off. I've used the mp3 jack a few times with my iphone, and it's an easy way to play these files, though if you want something other than the DAC in the iphone doing the conversion you'll want some other arrangement.

All in all I'm quite pleased with it. For the price I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

Submitted by hififan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
After using for sometime now I find this amp excellent value no problems with the functioning of this amp, if fact I find it really reliable. Build quality typical NAD, focus more on music rather than the look, but to

be fair it really does'nt look that bad at all. I listen to a variety of types of music but love listening to jazz on vinyl and feel satisfied with the 326BEE delivering a solid preformance. Bass for the most part very accurate maybe a little muddy at times but overall I can live with it. Highs are nice and tight and mids blend extremely well to give the 326 a very dynamic, fast with a good soundstage. I would'nt say audiophile but a extremely good amplifier that will give you big music for very little money.

Submitted by PAULIET a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hello All,

I purchased a NAD C326BEE a year an a half ago and connected it to a pair of Klipsch RB-51 bookshelf speakers. After a couple of months, I would switch the unit On and he protection circuitry would immediately switch the amplifier Off. Sometimes I could switch it back on immediately, sometimes it would take 15 minutes or longer. I sent the unit for service and after a couple of weeks it was returned; Unfixed!. They could not find a problem! Gradually the problem got worse and now it simply won't turn On at all. I brought it back to the store, they checked it and it still would not work. Maybe it will get fixed!

I am an engineering consultant and like to unwind with some good classical music when I get home. I must say, the C326BEE sounds pretty good when it works, problem is; it doesn't work very often. Overall I am very dissatisfied with the reliability of the C326BEE. I have no experience with the rest of the NAD product line and after my bad experience with this unit, I probably never will.

In short; Don't waste your money on this product!

Paul

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by jfrickmann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just had my old stereo killed by a lightning strike, and decided to check out NAD. And I am very happy I did!!

My old stereo was about five years old, well reputed stuff in the same price range, and I was quite happy with it. But the new combo of NAD C545BEE and C326BEE with my trusty old Snell Type E / III speakers simply amaizes me! If you are going to buy stereo hi-fi around this range, do yourself a favour and hear this combo before you decide!

I am big in classical music, and the way it reproduces Michala Petri playing Vivaldi's flute concertos (Philips) is far better than anything I have heard before. The challenge with this piece of music is that the flute and violins together are very hard to get right. But this combo just does it, seemingly effortlessly. Mozart's piano concerto no. 9 played by Murray Perahia (Sony) is even more joyful than usual. And Sibelius' En Saga directed by Vladimir Ashkenazy (Decca) is nothing less than superb.

But throw anything you like at it. Manhattan Transfer, and you're dancing around. Or the musical cats, which is playing as I write. Five stars home safe!

Product model year:   2009