NAD C320BEE Integrated Amplifiers

4.25/5 (28 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

2 x 50W minimum continuous power into 4/8 ohms, 110W/160W/210W IHF dynamic power into 8/4/2 ohms respectively, headphone socket, high current Holmgren toroidal power transformer, relay input switching, 7 Line inputs including two tape in/outs, all discrete circuitry, short signal path from input to output, all sockets gold plated, Bass and Treble controls with Tone Defeat switch, main amp input and preamp output, NAD Soft Clipping, IR input and output, full system remote control including stand-by/off, 12V trigger output.

Submitted by Derek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is the first review I have ever given and I am only here to boost ovarall rating. Not because I am a NAD fan, because it has performed so well over past four years. It looks. sounds and works great. I have had no problems at all and it is used daily, 2-24 hours a day for 4 years. Volume stays between 1/4 -1/2 open and never runs hot. Bass stays at 0 to -3, trebble at +3. I have a pair of KEF's and a Velodyne Sub. Most often used in video but at times with a super old NAD 515 CD. The 515 has been flawless for 21 years, that is another review. The performance it has given me has made me want to defend the couple bad reviews it has recieved here. Not just performance, the overall sound quality. Unbeatable sound and quality for under $400.00.

However, there are 2 issues I have. I dont like having to select a function every time I turn the unit on. If it is in CD mode when I turn it off that is where it should be when I turn it on. I also do not like the function buttons in general. It would be better off with a knob but that would leave empty space. Personally I would like the empty space. These are minute issues and not enough to change how I feel about it.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by audioinsensitive a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased the NAD C320BEE in March 2003. Within months it was sent in for repair. After years of little use, I tried to sell it, and discovered that once again it was malfunctioning. I wound up stripping it for the few parts of (very little) value I could salvage, and tossed it into a dumpster.

I have owned A LOT of audio equipment over the years, and the C320BEE is one of the biggest pieces of junk ever to grace my shelves. Sticking a "BEE" suffix on a cheaply built component doesn't make it any better. It's marketing.

When products like the C320BEE garner some favorable reviews in the audio press, budgeteers think they're getting high-end sound on the cheap. The reviews are rarely written by people who've lived with the product for an extended period, and those trying to sell one probably won't mention how many times it's been in for service. If you're going to buy a used integrated amplifier, look at something else.

NAD's "BEE" versions of its older amplifiers aren't necessarily an improvement. Be certain you're really getting something better before you pay a premiium for a designer label.

Submitted by ren9328 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
I purchased the NAD c320Bee used on Audiogon for a friend. While it was in my possesion I was able to compare it to both the Krell KAV 300iL and the YBA YA 201 integrated amps. The speakers used were Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SEs. I realize that thse components are in a far different price levlel than the NAD but the point for me was to see how it would perform when mated with associated equipment that would not be the limiting factor for its performance.

The c320BEE acquitted itself finely. I would rated its resolution as fair it is definitely on the slightly warm side with a pumped up bass/midbass. This slight plumpness of the bass makes it sound more powerful than its 50 wpc rating would suggest but it runs out of steam when the volume gets loud. Soundstge width and depth are quite good its treble detail is not the last word in air and detail but it is non-fatuiging to listen to which will make it a good match for the speakers it will generally be mated with.

If you are looking for one of these (or the c325BEE) and think that you are buying Krell type performance on the cheap, you're not. Top flight gear with top flight performance comes at a price. On the other hand if you want an inexpensive integrated amplifier that can grow with you system through a few upgrades than look no further. It does enough right to give you a taste of upper end sound reproduction and for its price on the used market it is an absolute steal.

Buy the NAD c320BEE, a good CD player and a pair of used Dynaudio Audience 52s and you will likely have a stereo system that is the envy of you friends and it will not have caused you to take out a second motgage on you home.

This is a fine integrated amp that is only found to be lacking when doing side by side comparisons with more expensive equipment. Highly recommended!

Submitted by wkas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm reviewing this after using it for several years, and replacing it with new electronics (read below). I was using it to power a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 20's. Music was largely classical and jazz.

At the time I purchased, it seemed like the best choice, but now I wonder. Compared to what I'm currently using (an Outlaw RR2150 receiver), the NAD's sound is too laid back, too sterile and uninvolving. On the positive side, it's fairly neutral, and does well with voices (which is probably why I bought it back then). But it really lacks presence and provides insufficient detail. Soundstaging is inferior to the Outlaw, too. These flaws are magnified at low volumes.

And the NAD has a design flaw, one that I found the hard way. When you plug in a headdphone, it automatically shuts off the speakers. One day, I wanted to listen via headphones, and when I removed the plug, the tip stayed in the jack, which rendered the amplifer useless. I couldn't anyone to fix this trivial problem for less than $200, so I tried to fix it myself. Bad idea.

So while this isn't a terrible product, I think that there are probably better options at or near the price point, at least if you like the same sort of sound that I do.

Purchased At:   Spearit Sound

Submitted by JF Desrosiers a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
To make it short, it's a very good amp in it's price range. I listened to several amps around this price, and even the 600$ rotel amp sounded bad to me (just my opinion, but it sounded wayyyy too metallic).

The NAD sounds natural, and the sound is exceptional, if you ask me. I have 2 bookshelf speakers and my amp could blow them away before distortion occurs.

Is my new NAD C320BEE defective?

Hi. I recently purchased a NAD C320BEE (on closeout) and have noticed an issue with the 'tone defeat' switch. For those of you that aren't familiar with this amp, the switch is a single pole, single throw (w/ a latching action) type of switch. If I push the button to defeat or engage the tone co ... Read More »

NAD C320BEE vs C325BEE?

Hi. Do you think that the C325 is worth paying 33% more for?Read More »

NAD C320BEE or NAD C352 ??

hi people, nice to see so many active members here! i was in a dilemma recently, to buy a NAD C320BEE or C352. i did get a demo of c320bee but not a c352. i have decided to go in for c352...purely 'cause it is more powerful and so it can drive the speakers nicely. speaker i plan on are tanno ... Read More »

Any good deal on NAD C320BEE & C352 better then 20% off new?

Anyone know where I can find a good deal better then 20% off on NAD C320BEE & C352? Typically I would buy it already but since I'm replacing my one weeks old Yamaha RX-V650, I need a better deal to justify the upgrade.Read More »

"Burn In" period for a NAD C320Bee

Hi Guys. My lesser quality but higher powered amp burned out and after a lot of internet reviewing I purchased the NAD C320Bee as a replacement (I didnt get a chance to audition the Amp before purchasing it.) I just started trying out my new Integrated Amp tonight and have heard a sound qualit ... Read More »

Atlantic Technology: