NAD 306 Integrated Amplifiers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Integrated Amplifier

Submitted by Lasse Dahl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought this amp a year and a half ago, handles my speakers amazing, best amplifier i've had!

If you come across one of these amps, i suggest you pick it up, its cheap and handles most speakers well!

Submitted by otisredding a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought my NAD 306 in 1994 and I'm still using it. Initially it drove a pair of Bose 601s beautifully (until divorve parted me from them.....) and now I am driving a pair of KEF Cresta 3s. The 306 manages to make even these modest speakers sound HUGE and quite nice. My latest upgrade was the NAD C541i CD player which has shown me even more of what the 306 is capable of. You get HEAPS of current and it never seems to run out of energy or sag when you drive it hard. If you find one of these I suggest you snap it up. I recently tried the 306 next to a C350 and it held it's own pretty well with the (much more powerful) C350 only winning in the power stakes, not the soundstage or tone.
I reccommend this amp highly.

Purchased At:   Sound Expression, We

Submitted by blue_uuchi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I think that this is one of the best integrated amplifiers you can buy for that kind of money. With dubble pre out, tHAT it´s bridge able is one big + too!! I think it sounds great, better than most of the integrated amplifiers that a have tried!!! I JUST LOVE IT!!

Purchased At:   Hifi Huset

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I sold my NAD 306 two years ago, but I still think of it as a good amp. But how did it sound? The answer is: It did'nt! What i mean is that it simply reproduces the music as it is without adding or subtracting much. In my oppinion that is exactly what an amplifier should do! At the time i bought it, it was the best you could buy for that kind of money (about 450 US $). Compared to the twice as expensive Thule IA 60B the NAD 306 does more than half the job!

Submitted by Roland Mabo a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had the NAD 306 for four years now and despite the new electronics entering the market all the time, I don't feel that I need to upgrade. Why? Simply because the 306 is one of NAD's finest amplifiers ever built. It's a true, and sadly underestimated, classic.
It has good features (separate listening/record selectors, two tape-loops, tape-copy function, pre out/main in, bridgeable etc.) and excellent sound quality.

The overall sound can be described as powerful, dynamic and rythmic. This is a highly musical amplifier with lively character. It likes to be driving hard, but it's also a smoothie when required. When the soft-clipping is turned off, it's like a curtain being raised from the music. Detailing and imaging greatly improves. Soundstage is big and precise. Bass is deep and taut. Mid is articulate and lifelike, the treble is extended and detailed.

This is a neutral sounding amplifier, perhaps slightly on the bright side of neutral. It lacks the warmth of previous NAD offerings. It likes good quality recordings.

Despite it's lively character, it never sounds harsh. Smoother than Naim, and more upfront than Linn.

A great buy for the money. Sadly, it's no longer in production. However, the new NAD 317 is a good replacement.

Quad 306 Power Amp and Quad 34 Control Unit

I was wondering if there was any way of running a subwoofer from my power amp as i third audio line. The power amp only has two outputs (left and right). I wondered if i could hook a subwoofer into the system to get a bit more bass. I no the amp is capable of this as it s a Class A current dumpin ... Read More »

Award-Winning Axiom: