NAD 3020 Integrated Amplifiers

4.8/5 (54 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

20 Watt Integrated Amplifier (1978-1983)

Submitted by George Melendez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2015

Bottom Line:
What can I say but WOW!!! I've listened to some great and expensive gear in my days with all the trimmings you can think of but the NAD 3020 Integrated Amp is truly an exception to the rule. This little amp rocks the boat. My set-up was rather simple and humble, four 305 Bose speakers, a NAD tuner and a Panasonic turn table with Audio Technica pick-up, that's it. My friends with high end expensive gear went hay-wire & nuts when they would heard what was coming out of the speakers. I wish I still had this set-up. I purchased both the NAD amp & tuner for $450 in 1982 but it was stolen a few years later. If any of you guys know of anyone selling both the amp and or the tuner please contact me. Thanks and hope to hear some good news.

Thanks, George

email: melen001@hotmail.com

Submitted by Richard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought my 3020A in 1980. It served me well for many years. Then, somewhere along the line I got it into my head to upgrade to something much fancier. Since that unit is on the fritz at the moment, I decided hooked up the old NAD.

I'm amazed. The thing sounds absolutely fantastic. I don't mean "pretty good for a 300 dollar, 35 year-old amp" but, rather, good by just about any standard. I think I'll leave it where it is in the signal chain, and repurpose the beast that replaced it.

Best integrated amplifier ever.

Submitted by magster65 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I had a 3020 in the mid 80's and moved into a 3140 in the late 80's for the additional speaker hookup... yes, I still have it. I have the matching 4020 fm tuner and 6140 cassette deck too. I had a Rega 3 turntable - Grace arm - Nagatron cartridge (wish I still had that). I made countless tapes for many years! NAD equipment is great stuff and I'm keeping it for life!

Submitted by hififan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Love this amp, sounds awesome for an old amp very good sound. Sounds much bigger for a 20 watter expect surprises if you get one cheaply and in good oprerating condition. These can be repaired fairly easily or modded by a good technician

Submitted by tone911 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
Bought the 3020 for $200.00 after reading reviews, mostly out of curiosity, paid what most would find a large amount of money for an amp built in 1978 but after listening to it for some hours found it as good or even better than alot of well respected amps of today.
Very good seperation but well balanced, warm and involving very analogue sounding especially when warmed up for time. Highs frequencies are excellent, midrange very nice and clear, lowrange punchy and very robust, making the soundstage very well balanced, and without listening fatigue.
Equipement used with the 3020 for this reveiw Marantz CD 63SE player and Mission 731 pro speakers.

VTI: