Myryad Z140 Integrated Amplifiers

• DC5 circuit configuration
  • Seven separately regulated power

Submitted by Carl L a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2014

Bottom Line:
A great amp in it's price class. I bought 2nd hand for 400USD and love it so much. It says 50W*2 on paper, but a French review magazine tested it as more than 67W in 8OHM and close to 100W in 4OHM both 2 channel driven. The sound is a little lean on the warm side, but not too much to make you feel everything is muddy. In fact this Z140 is as clear as a Linn amp, amazing!! Did I mention the phono stage is Very Very Good? Yes, it is very quiet and vivid and smooth.

Submitted by Gie Thijs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
Recently I upgraded my old Tannou Mercury speakers for more demanding Focal JMLab Profile 918 speakers. My old integrated was not really up to the job with these new speakers, so I had to look for an alternative. The two other integrated amps I tried (Naim Nait 5 and Cambridge Audio 840) sounded both uncomfortably harsh, with a surpus of booming bass, and a flaw in the upper midrange area. I wondered whether I should try a tube amplifier until I ran into this Myryad 140. This is a warm sounding amplifier with a very, very convincing stereo spread. Voices are mint clear and the bass integrates smoothly into the sound picture. Both jazz and classical records sounded new and challenging again. I purchased this amplifier second-hand (700 euro) - certainly value for money ! The looks might not be to everyone's taste (very small buttons and a big black ugly volume knob put onto an aluminium face). In service some green leds light up, and there's also room for a headphone socket. All functions can be manipulated with a remote.
Since purchasing this amp I have been listening extensively to records and cd's, without getting tired. The tone is warm and true, what else can you ask ?

CD : Marantz cd-63ii KI
Phono : Project Debut III (Ortofon 5E)
Interlinks : Wireworld Oasis III
Speaker cable : Supra Ply 3.4

help choosing the right speakers for Myryad Z140/Z112

Hello, I need some help choosing the right speakers for my system. I'm looking for a pair of [B]bookshelf [/B]speakers for my [B]Myryad Z140/Z112[/B] system. I was wondering if the [B]JMR Duet[/B] was a good choice. It's for a small room < 20 square meters. The music I listen to is: vo ... Read More »

60.0 WA BLACK: