Myryad MI-120 Integrated Amplifiers

4.86/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $995.00

60 Watt Integrated Amplifier - Remote Control

Submitted by Robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
Great, great, amp, and was a truly amazing bang for the buck, probably one of the best values in high end audio, a real work of audio perfection.... Sound is still very real, and vaults skyward with Acoustic Zen WOW, interconnects, and Transparent Plus Cables, along with AudioQuest powercords . I've owned this amp, along with an MC100 CD player for about 10 years now, and I'm sad that the original Myryad M series is no longer available... I haven't found anything comparable for the money since 2004.... Koodos to Chris Evans and the boys at the once venerable Myryad, you created a master piece of amp that rocks all up and down my myriad of musical tastes.

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I absolutely agree with John, the Myryad MI-120 is an exzellent amplifier. It has that "magic sound" I am looking for. Perfect, very fine resolution of details, good dynamics with no harshness (!), beautifull open soundstage and an overall natural balance like no other in its price-range.
Add an exceptionally good build-quality and superlative design and you see (and hear) a clear winner. 100 % recomended.

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a very well designed amp that conveys music effortlessly. It 's so involving that all the high end attributes soon become meaningless. But if one day you wake up and the insecure audiophile in you want to count and locate heads in a choral performance; the amp will not disappoint either.

The MI120 has a beautifully balanced tonal structure that allows you to play everything from Nick Drake to Midori; Bruckner to Tool - and play them well. The kind of coherence that Myryad offers is so sadly lacking in many of today's high end components - they all tend to favour sound effects rather than music performance.

The Myryad is fairly neutral and hence is more demanding on upstream components. It's also very responsive to good power treatment - good power cord/conditioner will enhance its performance - leading to a more natural presentation. I bi-amp my MI120 with the MA120 to superb effect - but rest assure that , in musical context, MI120 alone will provide a very statisfactory performance. Add good built quality, superb styling and a reasonable price you will understand my enthusiasm for this amp.

6 stars for value rating. The extra star is for its coherence which is a rare find today. Very highly recomended.

Submitted by Mark Steele a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
A very even-handed amplifier that doesn't favour electronic instruments over acoutic ones, a failing of the Arcam I discovered on listening comparisons. The Myryad allows you hear each musical strand while still keeping the overall performance to the fore, unlike the Audiolab that somehow makes an orchestra sound less than the sum of its parts. Tonal balance is similar to the old Rotel but, of course, the more modern and expensive Myryad sounds better in every respect. It only rates 4 stars for value as I feel that the price range it inhabits shows signs of the law of diminishing returns compared with the budget end of the scale. With the overall rating I cannot give more than 4 stars as I feel 5 should be reserved for kit that costs thousands and sounds like it.

Purchased At:   1000

Submitted by Eric Chan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I 've got my used MI120 for only US400. I bought this amp because of all the good review comments from magazines all over the world. yes, curiosity !

I am the guy who always like to seek for best sound/price components in the used markets, even though I own ARC & Krell pricy amp.

The best part of this amp is the overall tonal balance which has the equal energy response through out the freq. spectrum.

I don't know how you guys decribe it in English but I would say its sound is very detailed. Sound of MI120 is presented in detailed manner like engraving (with strength) compared to water color painting in some other amps.

I always think Audiolab 8000A is the classic amp in British now I know there is something else.

For this price (even for a brand new), I do not think you could find any better. Please let me know if there is one and I will try to give it a listen.

Purchased At:   Hong Kong