Musical Fidelity E10 Integrated Amplifiers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

55 w.p.c. Integrated Amplifier

Submitted by Bill Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought that in ex-demo form for $1980(HK$), which at 1997
was a bargain, but not so exactly now because of economy decline in this area.

I am always fond of the products of Musical Fidelity, especially amplifiers produced by them. I must say MF amps are the most musical available around. That may be the reason that the designer, Michaelson, is a amateur musician
himself during his leisure time. Therefore the signal path
of the amps are designed as directly as they can do, so that the essence of music can be preserved (need not to say more for MF's products.

But for E10, the main weakness is sound is nor more direct, reflecting the manufacturer's intention to have some breakthrough in the production of the Elektra line. Soundstage is spacious but not stable. NO pin-point images
and what remains is the musical atmosphere you can feel.

Submitted by James Lollobrigida a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
The Musical Fidelity came my way more or less by chance - an ex-demo unit in my local retailers turned up on one of my casual wanders round the shop. The price was right, I'd heard good things about the brand and my old Rotel was on it's last legs.Initial listening seemed to show a lack of dynamics in the music. I have subsequently found out that the 'E' series of amplifiers is designed for Choral work, so my usual brand of pumping rock didn't have the same impact as before. Undaunted, I tried something a bit less heavy - My favourite Frank Zappa. This was something of a revelation after the Rotel, there being a lot more detail in the music, with the complicated melodies being a lot easier to follow than before. The amp has a warm, pleasant tone which is almost exactly opposite of the clinical Rotel sound I was used to.
Upon trying some acoustic guitar works I was taken by how real the instruments sounded, the sense of the acoustic was much more real. Indeed, it's with simpler, less dynamic music that the amp shines.
In summary, the amp is no rockers dream, sounding slightly flat and losing clarity, especially in the bass. But if your tastes run to the Classical or more middle-of-the-road music, then the amp does put a smile on your face with it's natural, unforced presentation.

V.A.L. E10 Headphone Amp

Found this neat little tube headphone amp. Here is a link. [url]http://shop.vacuumtube.com/product/B000L1PXIW/Merchant/VAL-E10-Vacuum-Tube-Headphone-.htm[/url] I think I'm going to order it. Has anyone heard of it? Looks really well built and can be had cheap.Read More »

PANAMAX: