Musical Fidelity B1 Integrated Amplifiers

• Phono MM: 2mV
  • Line inputs & Sensitivity: 200mV CD, Tuner, CDV, Tape 1, Tape 2

Submitted by Black JuJu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2015

Bottom Line:
Hello,
I have had a numerous amount of equipment (Marantz, Sansui, Rotel etc..)
Well i coukld get this amp for 100 euro including shipping costs.
I unplugged my belo0ved sansui from the B&W speakers DM-220i hooked up this MF-B1.
.................................................................................................................................
Never looked back. It is clean and has an enormus soundstage compared to the sansui.
It also is much more analitical than my rotel with sounds to warm for me.
It is only 30 watt or so BUTT my speakers are very sensetive and i can really make my windows shake. Next Amplifier i will buy will certainly be an Musical fidelity product. I AM HOOKED!!

The Music i listin is very diverse but you can say that it is 90% Heavy Metal.
Truly this is the BOMB!

Submitted by Terry Wiltshire a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2015

Bottom Line:
Have had the Musical Fidelity B1 for 24 years now and what an amazing piece of equipment its been partnered with My Rega Planar 3 which is even older with originally a pair of Tannoy e11 Speakers, But had to change them to a pair of Kef Coda 7's. The fact that this amp is still going after all these years and hasn't missed a beat is a testament to British HiFi at its best and still sounds as good as the day I bought it if not better. You Just need to listen to it to appreciate it.

Submitted by Van Kriekinge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2014

Bottom Line:
The mf B1 is juste amazing. I'm 19 years old and I got this amp form my uncle. I put it with a pair of Castle Durham 900 (20 years old :P ) and it sounds great. I'm not an audiophile, I think I'm too young to be an audiophile.

Submitted by nc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
i am from india. saw the many reviews of the mf b1 and so bought one from ebay.co.uk and had it shipped. i tried it with a few speakers - pinnacle quantums, b&w lm1 and sonus faber concertino. it sounded dead. an electronics repair guy took a look inside and told me that it has not been used for a while and so it would improve upon use. so i had it hooked up to the sonus fabers and persevered. after a month or so of listening atleast a couple of hours daily, it suddenly woke up. warmth, liquid midrange, musical bass, detail i have never heard before - you can even hear the emotion/spirit in the voice of the singer. this is not a musical equipment - but a musical instrument!

and if it is like this with the sonus fabers which are hard to drive speakers, i would think it would work even better with speakers easier to drive. it sells for like 80 pounds on ebay uk and so it is great vfm. but it is kind of fragile with plastic sides. so if you have it shipped make sure the seller packs it really well.

Submitted by 13oots2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
Saw one of these for a very reasonable price of £100+P&P, so grabbed it for comparison with a NAD 3120 that had been upgraded by Fidele Audio.

The build quality is quite good but uses a fair bit of plastic in the construction, which loses the B1 one star.

The NAD is a nice warm sounding amp but switching to the B1 made me realise just how much detail I was missing. There is better control of bass and instrument separation is amazing, the NAD has a more powerful bass but far less control and sounds muddy in comparison.

Considering the NAD with upgrade comes to over double the cost of the B1 I would have expected it to be better in most respects. The B1 simply excels in every department of the sound and even has a half decent MC/MM pre for your turntable.

Harder to find than NAD 3020 but if you see one grab it, it may just pleasantly suprise you!

Auralex: