Musical Fidelity A3.5 Integrated Amplifiers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

• 240 Watts per channel
  • Dual mono circuitry
  • Excellent technical performance with low feedback
  • High power and high peak current

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
In short, this is without doubt the best amp I have ever owned and one of the most flexible I have ever listened to. I worked in a hi-fi shop for many years, selling Cyrus, Audiolab and similar products. I've heard little to beat this fella - even at three times the price. As many reviewers say, it has a smooth tube-like quality. Acoustic and vocal music have a wonderful emotional warmth. Yet, when the music picks up, so does this amp, and suddenly I feel like I'm listening to an expensive transistor amp with all the punch and excitement I could need.
So...yeah, I like it :) And I only paid £400. Bargain of my life (apart from my girlfriend who was technically free).
I'm running it through Mission 751s, by the way. Great combination.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Gar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
The A3.5 Amp is a joy to listen to and has the sonic punch to keep a beat with any music. I own the A5.5 which is also a great Amp, and I would put it on par with this Amp with a little less bass. It has more than enough power to please and it put my older Accuphase to shame, but not a fair comparison since that unit is 10 years older. If you can find one of these snag it as they are hard to come by, the only thing MF needs to do is keep there Int. Amps and Amps in production longer, as they are trying to be the cutting edge to frequently, plus it doesn't help resale value. ;) Regardless the A3.5 is a pleasure to use, and I won't be selling this one off for some time, I made that mistake once already!

GW

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by spiderman181 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
This amp has just blown me away .I cant get over how clear and detailed it is.Its so smooth just as good as vale amp only with heaps of grunt.I can listern to music for hours at a time never get fatigued. Bought this second hand 1800 from shop was going to buy adcram or cambrige or denon something like that for same money new then herd this and it just killed the ather amps no contest. U realy got to hear these amps

Purchased At:   hifi shop

Submitted by dlan2311 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
Very good amplifier for the price. In fact it is almost as good as the A5 but with less power. Very musical , this amplifier can keep the beat like few others. It is very good value but I would have liked it to go much deeper into the music. The A3.5 delivers the music in more forward manner.

Purchased At:   Montreal

Submitted by ncc51 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Musical Fidelity A3.5. The A3.5 is the latest offering from Musical Fidelity and in my opinion, far outperforms past models such as the A3.2. I've had mine for about 6 months now and the sound quality is incredible. There is a tube-like quality to the sound, which is very pleasing to listen to. The 150wpc this amp produces is quite powerful. I've never had to turn my volume knob any higher than the eleven o'clock position. An incredible integrated at a reasonable price. So get one if you can - new or used - I'm sure you'll be blown away.

Purchased At:   locally

musical fidelity a3.5 amp hum

I bought a musical fidelity a3.5 amp recently. I noticed sometimes it hums. What the problem? any solution? thanks.:confused:Read More »

Musical Fidelity A3.5 ???

Im going to change my old A class Musical Fidelity A100 amp im thinking of Musical Fidelity A3.5, did somebody listen to that amp? mostly listen progressive rock, fusion, jazz ... rest of sistem are: Marantz CD17 Audio Epilog Cortez speakers Van Den Hull cablesRead More »

Sennheiser: