Marantz PM-7000 Integrated Amplifiers

4.07/5 (55 Reviews)

95 watts per channel power output into 8 ohms. Seven source inputs including moving magnet (MM) phono input. Learning remote control.

Submitted by Henrik Taagaard a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
Just a lovely sound. Very rich and warm sound; but it also is quite neutral. Some cd¨s sound not good, others fantastic. It feels like we are sitting in a big room, and the music and sounds are alive around us. For dvd sound it is also very good, with a lot of background details.
We love this beautifull Marantz Amplifier.!!

Submitted by mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
lets just forget about DTS amps aw we all know this is a good old stereo amp nothing more nothing less for sound you can't do better for the price

Submitted by leezard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
While those few reviews rate this amplifier as terrible, I have to disagree. Give this amp the credit it deserves by providing a good signal and speakers. With a good signal in place sit back and enjoy, this is a very musical amp not just something that goes boom boom boom. Again this amp will show the short coming in your system, crap in crap out, music in music out. I think this amp stands up very well to it's ancestors of the late 60's and 70's.

While so many companies want you to listen to the make believe world of Home Theater ( I don't know what a Plane Crash sounds like do you?) but I do know how a String Bass and a Saxophone should sound and this amp brings out the music not just imagined sound.

Thank you Marantz for giving us a quality device for playing music that doesn't cost a arm and a leg.

Submitted by bryolg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
This review is for the PM7200.

I purchased the PM72000 about a couple months ago on-line from Music Direct. I am confused by anyone saying this amp produces anything but great sound? Maybe their compnonents don't match up well with the PM7200? My system:

Listening Room: 14' x 17', carpeted
Amp: Marantz PM7200
CD Player: Marantz CC4300
Speakers: Tower IIs
Speaker Wire: Monster Navajo,
bi-wired/bi-amped

I found new life in all my music, especially the CDs I had to dust off! I found impressive clarity not just in high, mid and low sounds, but in distinct, mulitple levels of high, mid and low sounds!

The PM7200 is solid, of high quality build (except the speaker connectors), with plenty of power, and clear, dynamic sound at the lowest and highest (reasonable) volumes. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better amp at this price.

I have to admit that I have a hard time differentiating between Class A and AB sound quality. I don't know if this is because my ear is not experienced enough, or maybe it's simply because the AB mode is superb!

Highly recommended!

Purchased At:   Music Direct

Submitted by stewartchiang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
This amp sounds too thin/flat and it seems to be some details are missing from the midrange. It's not the right amp for music genre like Dance, Rock, R&B and pop. It's acceptable only when playing piano, classical and jazz music.

Purchased At:   Malaysia