Luxman LUXMAN L590A II Integrated Amplifiers

Submitted by ML99 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have been using 590AII for more than a year, still very satisfy with the result, it is a very good amp indeed.
My current setup is Spendor S8e and Meridian CD player. Before that, I used Krell 400xi, but the result was not very good, it was punchy and dynamic but I could not listen more than 2 CD.....listening fatigue. With 590, I can enjoy music all night long, especially good at low level listening, everything is detail, clear, a bit touch of warm feeling. I never know my S8e sounds so good until driven by it. Highly recommend.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Petroulop a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
This amplifier is truly a top quality product comparing only to no price limit components. Having had experience with setups costing five ti six digit numbers in euros I can say that Its only limitation is that It cant blowup giants Like 802D with It's power.
But don't be fooled by that fact, though it outputs the seemingly "only" 30W in pure class A It is powerful enough to drive and control speakers like the one mentioned with a firm grip up to very loud volumes volumes (much louder than you listen most of the time).With my 803S It easily reaches volumes enough so theta the rest of the neighborhood may listen as well louder (than a party could handle) and all this without the slightest sign of fatigue or loss of quality.
Did I mention quality? oh lord!.. For the first ti me in my life I am listening to a sound consisting of ABSOLUTE TRANSPARENCY without being clinical at all, SUPERFICIAL MUSICALITY and NATURALNESS with out being sweet or colored and a VELVET GENTLENESS accompanied by SUPER FAST SPEED and The very best of DYNAMICS and EXCELLENT THREE DIMENTIONALITY. The edges of the spectrum are being presented fully extended and seem to be limited only by the speakers and listening to It can be described like watching the perfect image of a beautiful forest which is the first and main Impression but being at the same time able to see every single tree with It's slightest detail If you choose without the slightest of effort.
It also features audio controls which may appall audio purists but believe me can work wonders with old or mediocre recordings (especially the loudness one) without affecting sound quality to the slightest as well as a very good phono stage comparing to standalone ones costing up to 1000 euros or even a bit more as wells the best and most "Invisible" subsonic filter I have ever listened to, It's effect is barely audible if there is any but it's effectivity is remarkable.
Finally It's build quality is top notch and this product will probably outlast you.
So no complaints?
Well It's expensive but still a bargain since It compares to components costing even five times more,It Heats up a lot so You'll definitely need air-conditioning in summertime listening sessions and even though It is very powerful It may Leave you wanting for more If your living rom is 150 square meters and you like to listen at deafening volumes,It also needs more than 400 hours to fully burn in but to be honest no real shortcomings.
So to sum up this is one of the two three best Integrated amplifiers out there and according to my listening tastes the very best.I am so grateful It is being offered at a price I could afford otherwise I'd be depressed.

Product model year:   2009