Jolida SJ-302A Integrated Amplifiers

4.59/5 (32 Reviews) MSRP : $925.00

Integrated Amplifier

Submitted by PerryC a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2013

Bottom Line:
Sound is OK with the stock tubes. Then I replaced all output tubes to NOS Winged C's, 1958 Mullard 12AX7 and NOS Black plate RCA 12AT7. It made a big difference. If youcome across a JOLIDA 302, I highly recommend it.

Submitted by Ian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit in early '07 on Audiogon for about $450. It came with the stock Chinese tubes which I replaced with some JJ E34Ls which sounded far better but had problems from the start. After six months I had enough of blowing fuses and replaced them with EH 6CA7s. After nine more months one of the EHs red plated and they were subsequently replaced by the new Tung Sol EL34Bs. I got a year out of those when I started getting distortion out of the right channel (The stock preamp tubes were replaced by NOS Mullards from the get go and have had no problems with them at all). I think I may go the NOS route with the power tubes (If I decide not to try a set of SEDs) Either a set of Mullard XF2s or Amperex Bugle boys. But for right now my Jolida sadly sits unused (It also needs a new preamp tube socket) waiting for the day when she gets fixed and gets a sub woofer out installed (a good cure for the EL34 flubbies).

Submitted by Jen Dones a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
In my 10-years in audio, i've been to integrated, then separates, push-pull to SET, then back to push-pull...a friend wanted to let go of this and for his 2A3 SET...well i was just at the proper place at the proper time...it was a fresh NOS unit which he used for barely a few hours, and he bought straight from the USA...luckily, it had Svetlana EL-34s as part of the package plus electroharmonix 12AX7 and 12AT7 tubes...i purchased a set of Westinghouse-branded EL-34s (Siemens), RCA blackplate triple mica 12AT7, Telefunken 12AX7...also asked my friendly neighborhood technician to upgrade the capacitors to Auricaps, Black gates, Panasonic and JJ Tesla, plus change all resistors to Allen Bradleys...the result = WOW!!!...my Dali Concept 6 and Monitor Audio RS1 really sings with this amp...this is ppure all-arounder...this is going to stay at my listening room for a long, long time...pinpoint imaging, i cannot find any fault with this amp (for now)...the sound is so well-balanced, the highs, mids and bass complement each other...IMHO, Jolida should have included the Phono input (MM) for this amp...I'm enjoying more my LPs nowadays...and YES, the manual is very easy to understand...this amp can be even used with a separate pre-amp, isn't that amazing!!...with just easy simple steps in adjusting the volume knobs for suit the listener's taste...

COMPONENTS USED:

Jolida SJ-302 Tube Integrated Amp (Souped-Up)
Jolida JD-100 Tube CD Player
Silver Hospital-Grade Power Cords

Purchased At:   c/o Friend

Submitted by giorgioh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I concur with the positive attributes of the 302A reviews, particularly after upgrading the tubes. I had this unit attached to effecient 92db speakers as a response driven primarly by reviews. Lately, I decided to hook-up my 6 foot electrostatic Maggies 1.6 rated at 86db. The Maggies are rated at 4ohm resistance and they were connected accordingly to the Jolida. Wow! this little unit has the power to vibrate those ribbons. Imaging and spaciousness improved. If you are a lover of jazz and classical and have a set of larger low efficient speakers, give them a try. I'm not certain if electrostatic reponds differently than low efficient conventional drivers but I would like to know what results you get. The system will be further upgraded with a Sim Moon Equinox CDP. I'm hoping this new addition will improve forwardness as I currently use a low budget Yamaha 5 disc changer.

Purchased At:   American Sound of Ca

Submitted by jdben622 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have been using this amp for under two months and it is AWESOME. It replaced a solid-state setup, but I've also used Counterpoint tube gear. I bought this used and was lucky to get lots of different tubes to try. So far, I have only used the Svetlana EL34's and Telefunken 12AX/AT's. Haven't done any tube swapping yet to see how bad the original Chinese tube sound. The mids and highs sound terrific. I listen to lots of Jazz and voacals and my recordings have never sounded better. I see several reviews indicating a flabby lower-end. I'm using a fairly efficient (91dB) pair of B&W's and my low end with the Jolida sounds infinately better than what I got out of the 200W Adcom GFA555 that the Jolida replaced. Anyhow, I'm not a professional reviewer and don't used their lingo...simply stated, this amp. makes me want to listen to more music!!

Purchased At:   eBay