Jolida FX-10 Integrated Amplifiers

3.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $450.00

Jolida FX10 integrated vacuum-tube stereo amplifier provides state-of-the-art technology in vacuum-tube amplifiers. The design objectives for this unit were three-fold: 1) to provide an amplifier that would improve musical accuracy to the fullest for such products, 2) to provide the customer with a quality amplifier at a price far below other tube amplifiers, 3) to provide an all-vacuum tube amplifier that would approach the reliability of good solid state amplifiers.

Submitted by Bill a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
Do not EVER buy anything from Jolida. Two capacitors went bad and they kept my amp for over TWO MONTHS and charged me almost $300 to fix it. NO APOLOGY whatsoever except to tell me their "systems weren't the best". $300 for two capacitors. Two months. No contact from them. EVER.

Their stuff is just rebranded Chinese crap anyway.

Submitted by MathewM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have heard quite a few tube amps over the years-- VTL, Cary, VAC to name a few. My favorite was a VAC Avatar integrated that sounded magical driving a pair of B&W speakers. Today, with a family, I cannot afford high-end audio gear. I also have a two year old son who loves to get into everything. I love the sound of tubes and tried going with a solid state set up-- a NAD 325BEE. While the NAD is a fine integrated amp at its price, I still longed for a tube amp. I lucked upon a used Jolida FX10. Driving a pair of Silverline Minuets in a desktop setup, the FX10 is a feast for the ears. With the NAD there is a lot more bass and perhaps a more even sound. However the FX10 gives me the 3D soundscape that tubes are known for. That sense that I can look into the music and see the instruments and most importantly the atmosphere. No doubt, the Jolida is bass shy. The Minuets sound great with tubes but at 88db sensitivity probably need a 35 watt tube amp to really shine. However for a nearfield, desktop setup, the combination suffices and gives me what I want. I'm also fond of keeping component costs inline with one another-- it doesn't make much sense to drive a $400 pair of speakers with $1000's worth of electronics.

Submitted by Michael T a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
So much fun. Great little amp with sweet sonics. It is great as an office system or for a bed room.

Looks great too. I will replace the stock tubes at some point.

Product model year:   2009